Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My Little Panther

Article about: Painted a while ago as well, 1/16, was a RC but now a shell

Default Re: My Little Panther

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Yeah I am not sure about that either, what theatre would that colour have been appropriate for ?
    Battle of a chocolate lime factory?....

Great model by the way!..

North West Europe colour scheme (although usually the stripes are straight not 'wavy')-German camo schemes show an immense variation as the individual crews or sub unit commanders decided what they wanted and also it depended on time and materials available to do the paint scheme-the post Oct 1942 basic scheme of 'dunkel gelbe' factory yellow was intended to be cammed up with tins of paste paint of red brown and olive green, thinned with petrol and spray painted over the base colour but water was sometimes used as petrol was in short supply and the paint was also simply brushed on with lots of variation in shades of colour. The loss of air superiority and the defensive nature of fighting from prepared positions meant that camouflage became far more important to the Germans after 1942 than it was for the Allies.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    North West Europe colour scheme (although usually the stripes are straight not 'wavy')-German camo schemes show an immense variation as the individual crews or sub unit commanders decided what they wanted and also it depended on time and materials available to do the paint scheme-the post Oct 1942 basic scheme of 'dunkel gelbe' factory yellow was intended to be cammed up with tins of paste paint of red brown and olive green, thinned with petrol and spray painted over the base colour but water was sometimes used as petrol was in short supply and the paint was also simply brushed on with lots of variation in shades of colour. The loss of air superiority and the defensive nature of fighting from prepared positions meant that camouflage became far more important to the Germans after 1942 than it was for the Allies.
    Interesting thanks, do you have any pictures of this variation in use?

'Armour At War' series 7006 "The Panther" pgs 7, 41 and 48-b&w photos as they almost always are which makes the actual colours indistinct

Very nice.

?

I believe these tanks left the factories basically in red primer, the grey lines were painting guides for the dunkel gelb scheme, applied as it rolled through the factory

Interesting.....

The 3 book reference "Panzer Colors" by Bruce Culver is always a handy guide for various theatre paint schemes.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2