Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My Stalingrad Shortlisted sculpture for the Threadneedle Prize , Mall galleries , 26th Sept

Article about: by Danmark All of the above comments and more Rob - are they life ( or should I say death ) size?? Dan Judging by the cinderblock wall in the first few photos they look to be about 15- 20 in

Default My Stalingrad Shortlisted sculpture for the Threadneedle Prize , Mall galleries , 26th Sept

Thought to post some views of a piece ive been working on for over a year now . I made fifteen mixed media figures representing defeated Wehrmacht troops after the Battle in February 1943. Itl be on show at Londons Mall Galleries from the 26th Sept and its possible to vote for it ( which if i win will enable me to buy lots of militaria ) Seriously though, I'd appreciate anyone near or in London interested to vote for my piece . Im one of 151 exhibiting for the prize . The piece is titled
    , ' Defeat ' .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Stalingrad Shortlisted sculpture for the Threadneedle Prize , Mall galleries , 26th Sept   My Stalingrad Shortlisted sculpture for the Threadneedle Prize , Mall galleries , 26th Sept  

My Stalingrad Shortlisted sculpture for the Threadneedle Prize , Mall galleries , 26th Sept   My Stalingrad Shortlisted sculpture for the Threadneedle Prize , Mall galleries , 26th Sept  

My Stalingrad Shortlisted sculpture for the Threadneedle Prize , Mall galleries , 26th Sept   My Stalingrad Shortlisted sculpture for the Threadneedle Prize , Mall galleries , 26th Sept  

Default Re: My Stalingrad Shortlisted sculpture for the Threadneedle Prize , Mall galleries , 26th Sept

Incredible Rob, you have amazing artistic talent. It makes me cold and lonely just looking at it. I'm on the wrong side of the pond to help you out, however, may the swartz be with you. I hope you win. Thanks for sharing this moving piece.

Jay

?

Default Re: My Stalingrad Shortlisted sculpture for the Threadneedle Prize , Mall galleries , 26th Sept

Excellent work Rob! You've definitely captured the broken spirit and resigned atmosphere of those souls on that long weary, defeated march into captivity and death.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

That is incredibly detailed work!
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

What a disturbing nightmarish sculpture. Excellent work. If I lived there, you'd definitely have My vote.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

My vote too - this is wonderful work - you are a very talented artist, Rob.

Are the original items there for study as you sculpt, and what
    shade of colour will the figures be once you are done ?
    Regards,

Steve.

magnificant work Rob,haunting figures
    Good luck mate,if I was in the UK you would have my vote.
    Cheers
    Dave

That's some serious work there!!!

Superb!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Fantastic ! I can feel their misery !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast