Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Summer project

Article about: Hi, does any modeler here do winter and summer projects ?, I have Made my winter ones and now planning my summer one. It will be a German Eagle and Swastika, i got the idea from the thread o

Default My Summer project

Hi,
    does any modeler here do winter and summer projects ?, I have
    Made my winter ones and now planning my summer one.
    It will be a German Eagle and Swastika, i got the idea from the thread of the train eagle, i think these are no easy to come by so i am making this first in plaster for the plug,. Once i have carved the plug i will make the mould from fibreglass, the actual eagls and swas, will be of solid resin, the colour is going to be bronze.
    It is 24" wing span so a good size, It will make a good gap filler
    until one comes along. At the moment all i have done is drawn
    the tempate, I will let you know how it goes. The wings were expanded on the template thats why it looks odd.
    dave.

?

Default Re: My Summer project

Hi Dave

I dont tend to have a particular modelling season. I build whatever takes my fancy at the time, for example, I am currently in the middle of making some scenery/barricade sections for my Warhammer 40k wargames.
    Having said that, I also have a 1/35th Tamiya Bren carrier, Warhammer 40k vignette and a couple of 120mm figures on the go as well!!
    Also, when my son gets home from Afghanistan, I also have some 1/72 Airfix vehicles to make up for him. Various Landrovers, 105mm field guns, support vehicles and an AS90.
    The intention is to make them up in various colour schemes/markings of his unit, 1RHA, so I am relying on him having taken plenty of photos when he has had chance.............Not holding my breath though. LOL

PS. Any idea where I can get a 1/72 or 1/35 scale PinzGaur from?

Regards etc

Ian

Interesting idea, Dave !

I'd love to see it when you're done.
    Please keep us up to date on it ! !

Regards,

Steve.

Dave, i believe i have seen some of your crafts work on the forum before? If i stand correct i imagine this eagle will be very detailed and a work of art. Please post the finished product.

rgds, Ty

Hi Ian,
    that sound good i bet they come out well i like to see detail in items
    the wargames iv never got into but have seen some of the stuff they have. My younger brother used to play it, I think your son will have plenty of pics when he comes home, My friend did two
    tours there and had loads of pics so you should get the colours you need, I wish him well and safe he,s a brave lad. I will look out for a Pinzgaur in the sizes,
    dave.

ps, here,s one for you, Bin Ladens camel, Bin was last seen heading north with his arse on fire.

?

Thanks Dave

I still think that your artwork is brilliant mate, wish I could draw to your level/skill.

?

Hi Dave,how is your project coming along?Looks like it will be nice when finished.It reminded me of something I started and then forgot about.All I made so far was the pattern,it`s 15 x 12 inches,someday maybe.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Summer project  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hi Pete,
    Funny enough i poured the plaster today for the plug to be made as the eagle, it will have to sit for a couple of days now and then i can start on it. i think the sculping will take a time but worth i in the end,. the eagle wil be in bronze when finished so hope it comes out ok, i would finish your eagle if i were you that looks good and
    a nice size to, what is goint to be the finish on it painted as is, or is that a templet for a model. either way i would love to see it when it,s done.

dave.

?

Interesting project. Wonder how it turned out ...

JMM
    ?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Hi Dave,how is your project coming along?Looks like it will be nice when finished.It reminded me of something I started and then forgot about.All I made so far was the pattern,it`s 15 x 12 inches,someday maybe.....
    Hi Zwerge

This project of yours is interesting. How about put it on work (not someday but next week...) and share it here with us when it's done? Thanks and have fun with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast