Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A New Year U-Boot Project.....

Article about: by talltom adrian a superb project this site may help cover a few bits about the history The Type VIIC boat U-406 - German U-boats of WWII - uboat.net then the patrols she did War Patrols by

?

Default A New Year U-Boot Project.....

I finally got my hands on Revell's U-Boot VIIC model kit (and it's a monster!) by way of a Christmas present so my New Year project is building it!
    I have to source and buy the photo etched kits for the conning tower and other areas so won't be starting immediately which is fine as I need to research the finer details of the boat I'm going to build to, U-406.
    I have several period photos of her so they should help immensely during the build.
    It'll be an interesting and no doubt frustrating project but I'm looking forward to getting stuck in and will keep updating the thread as I go.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A New Year U-Boot Project.....  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: A New Year U-Boot Project.....

Fantastic Adrian Those 1:72 boats are about 6 ft long aren't they?

Looking forward to seeing it develop !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Cool! I´ll be following this thread - good luck with it!
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Those 1:72 boats are about 6 ft long aren't they?
    Thanks Nick! It's about three feet (1 metre) long.

?

Very nice present

best regards,
    Patrick

Try these guys for your photo etch parts for the Revell 1/72 VIIC kit Adrian. I've used them before for the same type of P.E kit details and they are really good.

1/72 Photo-Etch

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

That will be a great project ! I ca t wait too see it finished ! Tho i admit i have would not have the pataence and it would end up thrown out of the window !

Kind regards
    Alex

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Try these guys for your photo etch parts for the Revell 1/72 VIIC kit Adrian. I've used them before for the same type of P.E kit details and they are really good.

1/72 Photo-Etch

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks Ned, I appreciate that, I did a quick Google search and they came out in the results but it's good to get the recommendation of someone who has used them.

adrian a superb project this site may help cover a few bits about the history The Type VIIC boat U-406 - German U-boats of WWII - uboat.net then the patrols she did War Patrols by German U-boat U-406 - Boats - uboat.net some photos of it being attacked U-boat Archive - U-406 - VC-13 Photographs

hope that helps a bit

ps christina you will love the main site U-boat Archive tells you everything

Great project, Adrian! If I knew you were about to build one, I would have given you this one.

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A New Year U-Boot Project.....  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast