Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

A New Year U-Boot Project.....

Article about: by talltom adrian a superb project this site may help cover a few bits about the history The Type VIIC boat U-406 - German U-boats of WWII - uboat.net then the patrols she did War Patrols by

Default Re: A New Year U-Boot Project.....

Quote by davejb View Post
    Some nice 1/72nd figures could be used to "dress boat", german infantry would work well seeing they dont make U-boat crew, although many years ago there was a company that did
    this lot still do they make different sets not just this one just search 1/72 cmk and you should find someA New Year U-Boot Project.....

Quote by davejb View Post
    Some nice 1/72nd figures could be used to "dress boat", german infantry would work well seeing they dont make U-boat crew, although many years ago there was a company that did
    1/72 scale U-Boat figures are available in resin on the net. Here's an interesting linky on a build of this model that may be of use to you Adrian.

U-Boat Type VII C by Chris Wauchop (Revell 1/72)

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks guys, I'm not sure about adding figures yet. The boat will be displayed as a static model, not in a diorama setting so I'm still mulling over the crew situation. Thanks for the link Ned, I hasn't seen that one before and it's useful to know the Tamiya paints used. I much prefer these acrylics to any other sort of paint.

Here is another link to one of the most impressive U-Boat builds I think I've seen. It is a cutaway model which shows the interior details. I particularly like the interior shot in the dark with the light on: U-564 cutaway look. If you go to the bottom of the page, there are two more builds to marvel at if you click on 'next'.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

realy nice models, a pic i saved for communications

JMM
    ?

Hi Adrian

It's a lot of fun (and hard work) assembling it. When you have time take a look at my U99

How's the U boat coming along Adrian?

I want one where do I go to get please.harry. it

Any updates on this?? Are these kits ok? I have become interested in Submarines lately through work, I wouldnt mind building one of these myself ! Not built a model for a long long time so would be a struggle !!!

Yes, let's hear how it's all going! All this talk of models is peaking my interest. I just finished a 1:48 ME109 that I might take some photos of soon!

Josh

JMM
    ?

Yeah - let's see it!
    As I said before, some hard work and a lot of patience but a lot of fun too
    I did mine without figurines:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/histo...ot-u99-143173/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3