Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

old Tonka toy

Article about: I'm stuck at home and can not work and am going a bit stir crazy so I might be posting more odd stuff than normal. After seeing Ralph's beautiful Cobras, I though I might post this old proje

Just nipped into the loft..........
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture old Tonka toy   old Tonka toy  

old Tonka toy  

Question

Paul,

Nice looking dump truck....

A little window glass cleaner and she'll be ready for the shelf display....

Smitty

Looks like the back wheel is missing it's white wall or is it reversed??

Hi Smitty,
    Oh no.....I've just back it up in the loft ! Thanks mate, I think it's the same both sides, it sits on my old School Holdall & is generally something I move, to get to something else.....if that makes sense. Cheers for the advice with the glass cleaner, first time I've actually looked at it properly in 40 years.......it was Greg that prompted me to get it out !
    Regards
    Paul

That's an incredible Tonka collection. Some looked like they hardly got out of the box. I understand vintage toys are a big collecting scene in themselves, so worth hanging on to.

For Gregs thread
    +1 Non Tonka Acme truck

old Tonka toyold Tonka toy
    old Tonka toy

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

In the Acme Truck I would smuggle in Illegal kittens into the house driving across dangerous driveway territory from my neighbors house past my mother as Border patrol.

She found the kittens later safe and all the milk gone
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry and Smitty, Thanks for adding your pictures to the thread.
    You guys have some good looking old Tonkas.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 02-15-2019 at 12:38 AM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thank you Greg...

And Larry, Wow those look great.. These Tonka toys surely stood up to the test of time...

Great story about the kitties...

Smitty

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3