Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

PanzerIV H work in progress

Article about: by Alan Goodyear Thats the worst bit!! arrghhhh memories @ 1/72nd lol Airfix OO/HO scale Churchill tank........ 22 road wheels + 4 side plates = The very first model kit that I had bought fo

?

Default Re: PanzerIV H work in progress

Quote by Alan Goodyear View Post
    Thats the worst bit!! arrghhhh memories @ 1/72nd lol
    Airfix OO/HO scale Churchill tank........
    22 road wheels + 4 side plates =

The very first model kit that I had bought for me aged about 5 by my late grandfather ad I've been making models ever since......Im 48 at Christmas!

Keep up the work guys.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

my first was a 1/72 airfix spitfire that my late grandfather got me at hendom museum when i was about 10 yrs old i remeber i was building it with my firend having one too but it was his fathers paint so i wasnt allowed ot paint mine he had to !! iv been playing with plastic ever since and im not far behind u jimpy il hit 40 in august

PART 3 addind the fenders and hull plates now upto 178 parts lol included pe brass mounts for spare tracks on upper hull
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PanzerIV H work in progress   PanzerIV H work in progress  

PanzerIV H work in progress   PanzerIV H work in progress  

Why don't you paint the parts first, then assemble it? But that aside, that is a very nice model. Have fun!

ok its very simple i used to paint first until some highly proffesional model makers who earn a living from it showed me how much better it was to do the reverse and paint the completed build apart from the issue with repainting everything that has glue over runs or the likes it actually makes it simpler to add once built please feel free to check some of my other posted work to see how well this works for me personally

I am enjoying this thread PJ!

I gave up on Panzer modelling as I found it too difficult. I noticed the experts always painted the model afterwards and I just couldnt comprehend that

I am looking forward to your posts on attaching the tracks, that was my downfall!

Luftwaffe modelling is much easier

My first model in the late 60s was an Airfix Boulton Paul Defiant painted all black!

Looking forward to your next installment

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by panzerjaeger44 View Post
    ok its very simple i used to paint first until some highly proffesional model makers who earn a living from it showed me how much better it was to do the reverse and paint the completed build apart from the issue with repainting everything that has glue over runs or the likes it actually makes it simpler to add once built please feel free to check some of my other posted work to see how well this works for me personally

I would totally agree with you on this PJ.
    I tend to build a model kit, whether its a vehicle or figure, as far as possible before reaching for the paints. Im of the school that says, "if you can see it, 99% of the time you can paint it!"
    I have lost count of the times that I have had to scrape away paint to glue a part in place and not got a match on the paint because Ive opened a new tin, not mixed an exact match or got glue runs on the existing paint job.
    The only time that I tend to change this procedure is with open top vehicles, ie: the Bren carrier that is sitting on the desk at present waiting to be completed,, when I will leave out any internals until the last minute before glueing in place.

Keep going PJ, we're watching you on this one mate

Regards etc
    Ian D
    AKA: Jimpy

PS: My "pet hate" is link and length tracks, especially the smaller tracks on the likes of sdkfz250 and Bren carriers etc!
    Last edited by jimpy; 06-23-2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Addition

well jimpy more when im feelin a bit more perky maybe tonight as to the tracks well they are really easy i might even take pics during production to show how to do individual links

Individual links were a nightmare on the 1/72 tiger by revel... Mine still lies in pieces as it has done since 2004!! I think I binned this model though.

I found that painting parts first was neater. First spray job I did was the Scharnhorst. But I never got round to finishing the life boats. Hope it doesn't sink!

have you seen the new dml scharnhorst its 140 dollars and has a stack of pe with it etc , apologies if the progress isnt as fast as any of us would like im recovering from neck surgery and leaning forward for long periods of time is a killer but rest assured i have made it my aim to document as much as possible as it proceeds

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast