Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

PanzerIV H work in progress

Article about: by Alan Goodyear Thats the worst bit!! arrghhhh memories @ 1/72nd lol Airfix OO/HO scale Churchill tank........ 22 road wheels + 4 side plates = The very first model kit that I had bought fo

Default Re: PanzerIV H work in progress

It's definately shaping up nicely there now. Are you going to make the schurzen plates look heavily worn with you having some missing? Looking forward to the paint job ahead! Esp for that worn look

well im gonna attempt the warm look with my bottle of hairspray already in a jar to put in the airbrush but it is my first attempt so dont be suprised if it doesnt happen lol and i end up repainting heres the basecoat shots
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PanzerIV H work in progress   PanzerIV H work in progress  

PanzerIV H work in progress   PanzerIV H work in progress  

i just airbrushed everything with a coat of hairspray and then a coat of lightened tamiya xf60 mixed with xf55 then tried the basic technique of hairspray erosion to give a worn chipped look what do you all think?? if its liked i may not even camm this one up but just erode the dunkelgelb to show a worn out looking single colour PIV
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PanzerIV H work in progress   PanzerIV H work in progress  

love it!

ty klokhoane if i get it right i should get a nice price on her when complete

Looking really good now worn effect looks good, but don't know how the hair spray has made the scuff marks?

alan basically you paint the undercoat and then apply hairspay over this before adding a fine layer of the finished paintshceme apparently the hairspray acts as a water filter and when wet lifts off wherver u stipple it along wqith the paint coats applied over it once your happy u just sela the kit with a matt varnish

heres the next set of shots of the paint scheme being applied i started with the redbrown tamiya xf10 adding a touch of buff to lighten it slightly this then was applied to the tank in the rough pattern i desired ,after this i applied tamiya xf26 to create the next color of the scheme and then i finally filled in and cut and added the original tank yellow mix to create the finished pattern i then applied a long distance gentle spray allover of the yellow mix to further incorporate the blended in look ..

in these next pics we see the post cammo paint finish with basic track painting the ovm painted in base colors and the post lightening shades before we get to thew final part which is the oil washes and then the decals

took a few more but outside for better lighting

PanzerIV H work in progress  

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast