Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

PanzerIV H work in progress

Article about: by Alan Goodyear Thats the worst bit!! arrghhhh memories @ 1/72nd lol Airfix OO/HO scale Churchill tank........ 22 road wheels + 4 side plates = The very first model kit that I had bought fo

Default Re: PanzerIV H work in progress

heres the first two figures built the wires are from old headphones stripped down and re strung with about 4 strands per cable
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PanzerIV H work in progress   PanzerIV H work in progress  

heres the unpainted crew in the most suitable locations on the tank
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PanzerIV H work in progress   PanzerIV H work in progress  

PanzerIV H work in progress   PanzerIV H work in progress  

PanzerIV H work in progress   PanzerIV H work in progress  

PanzerIV H work in progress  

Very enjoyable thread: looking really good!

Cheers, Ade.

The camo on the tank is fantastic! The figures are going to make it look a hive of activity

thanks ade , alan i am deff doing das reich and the crew will be a mix of pea dot and black unifroms wait till you see the cuff titles etc you will be able to actually read the cuff

also i start painting the crew tonight hopefully and i should be getting the details of the tanks insignias from the client tonight via email

What will you use to cover up the seam, where the arm is joined to the torso? I used Poly S many years ago. And also, please let us know how you paint the eyes. I had my own way of doing it, but am very interested in your method.

Congratulations also on the superb Mark IV!

the who i will use milliput to close the seam or some model clay washed over by a brush of mek the eyes are my dreaded part too il just try to paint them in with a very small 000 brush and vallejos superb figure paints and hope for the best i will be the first to admit my faces arent that great but just about do the job ,, i only use vallejo paints for figures because i love its finish and superior manufactured quality so basically to paiont a face i use a matt medium flesh tone the nhilight it with pale flesh on the cheek bones upper brows nose chin etc and then use a thinned red leather wash to run into the lower surfaces and kind of amalgamte the two i will then apply the dreaded eyeballs to the best of my ability however please note to those who really really hate eyeballs archers transfers produce 1/35 scale eyeballs in wet/dry transfers,,, tou can see some of my earlier figures on my other thread some pics of my hobby

?

Looking good PJ.

Looking forward to seeing those figures completed and in place with the tank.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

heres the first face and basecoated uniform lot to do yet though
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PanzerIV H work in progress  

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast