Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Red Devils

Article about: Hey, just thought id post pics of my first diorama. Been making models for years but never attempted a diorama till now. Let me know what you think. I do have a few pics of it with the light

Default Red Devils

Hey, just thought id post pics of my first diorama. Been making models for years but never attempted a diorama till now. Let me know what you think.

I do have a few pics of it with the lights on but am having connection problems today and it took about half an hour just to upload these.

Cheers-

Darren
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Red Devils   Red Devils  

Red Devils  

Default Re: Red Devils

I like it alot Darren

The lighting gives it a more realistic night feel !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks Nick, not bad for my fisrt then.

I will post a few more pics when my connection is better, some close ups of the uniforms and the wellbike in the drop tank thats a little behind the bren gunner.

Cheers-

Darren
    Last edited by Darren Lillington; 05-14-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Very nice !

Excellent landscaping and figure painting.

Steve T

Thanks everyone

Been making models for years but never attempted a diorama but after seeing many fine examples posted here i decided to give it a go.

Bought the kits, felt, glue's, paints and brushes and just took my time on it, used real mud and dirt to give the ground a more realistic look, used cotten wool that i painted chrome for the barbed wire fence witch was real fiddly and time consuming work.

Painted the models with enamel paint (as i beleive it gives a better finish than most other paints), again just taking my time and giving them time to dry between coats.

There are actualy 2 trees and 3 little bushes and i even rubbed a bit of real mud on their boots and gaiters lol. Turnd out quite well i think.

Cheers-

Darren

Darren

Have a look at this thread. If you think your method of making barbed wire was fiddly and time consuming, wait until you see mine !!!

Bottom of second page. I've even drawn a picture

Cheers

Steve T

Hi Steve,

yeah ive seen your thread, amazing dioramam mate, and yes it looks like your wire fence would have been a real pain hehe.

Here are a few more pics- (the tank in the background is my Varanus gilleni tank)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Red Devils   Red Devils  

Red Devils   Red Devils  

Oops !

My reply seems a little obscure due to the fact I forgot to copy the link to my diorama thread in this forum.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm not a loony really.......honest.

Steve T

lol no prob's, just a simple mistake but i knew the thread you were refering too. Infact your diorama was one of the ones that inspired me.

will probably try a IJA or IJN themed Diorama next.

Cheers-

Darren.