Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It sank the Bismark....

Article about: It sank the Bismark (almost) but I didn't make it. Picked it up at a local show. It's an older model of a Swordfish with some age but very well made. Couldn't say no. Super hi rez photos so

A great model with some age to it for sure!
    You can see by the yellowing of the decals and the discoloration of the white.
    I like how the maker has matched the patterns on both levels of wings, by brush as well.
    Nice pick up!
    Any planes that I did a long time ago are much newer planes than this one.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    A great model with some age to it for sure!
    You can see by the yellowing of the decals and the discoloration of the white.
    I like how the maker has matched the patterns on both levels of wings, by brush as well.
    Nice pick up!
    Any planes that I did a long time ago are much newer planes than this one.
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph.

It was snowing here today and had to carry this by hand to the car. Was worried the snow and heat from the hand would ruin the old decals. It was quite comical watching me carry it to the car
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Micheal,
    a nice model of Swordfish Mk1, 6/7 inches long confirm the scale 1:72, it is very well preserved, I think it was probably done around the 80s, made by brush but with a good hand.
    The "Stringbag" as it was called by its pilots, who were really brave to attack the enemy ships with a plane so slow that exposed them for a long time to the effects of anti-aircraft; but it was an extremely stable launching platform and thanks to this and to the determination of its crews it managed to obtain remarkable successes; we Italians realized this when in November 1940 a team of these planes managed to inflict serious damage to the fleet in the port of Taranto.

Regards
    Roberto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2