Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SD Sturmbannfuhrer

Article about: by Poromies Really great work! Your scale models are really well done, and a joy to look at! Thank you!

Default re: SD Sturmbannfuhrer

Quote by Poromies View Post
    Really great work! Your scale models are really well done, and a joy to look at!
    Thank you!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

wow really good the detail is amazing you must have a very steady hand thanks for sharing

tom

Quote by talltom View Post
    wow really good the detail is amazing you must have a very steady hand thanks for sharing

tom
    Thank you Tom!
    Not as steady as they once were, and I now need optics to do this kind of work.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Remarkable work. You must have very VERY steady hands !

Steve T

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Remarkable work. You must have very VERY steady hands !

Steve T
    Thank you Steve.
    The right tools have a lot to do with it.
    Ralph.

Wow Ralph! That is, without doubt, THE best hand detailed model I've ever seen! What sort of time did you invest in this labour of love? First rate mate!

Quote by Troy Tempest View Post
    Wow Ralph! That is, without doubt, THE best hand detailed model I've ever seen! What sort of time did you invest in this labour of love? First rate mate!
    Thank you Troy!
    I really can't say how many hours it took, because I don't know. It probably took me almost as long to make the sword and scabbard as it did to do the figure.
    Ralph.

JMM
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Here is another figure that I completed a few years ago. It is a 120mm figure from Verlinden. The base is made to fit a glass clock dome over it to eliminate the need to dust it. It originally came with a scar on his left cheek, an AH mustache and a patch over the eye. I have re-sculpted the face to eliminate these. I have replaced all of the medals and insignia with scratch built ones from brass sheet. The belt and shoulder strap were removed and replaced with real leather ones. The snap clips and sliding buckle on the shoulder strap actually work. I have also made a miniature SS degan with a damascus steel blade with all sterling silver fittings and a wood scabbard with sterling fittings as well. I have scratch built the flag and standard. The standard eagle and wreath are carved from solid brass in two pieces and soldered together. The shield is made from two pieces of brass sheet with the runes cut out of the first one and soldered together. The flag is made from two pieces of cloth with the swastika stenciled on. I have scratch built the finials and the wood used is purple heart. The dog's dog tag is made from sterling silver as well. The SS eagle in the background is carved from an old ivory piano key and the detail is drawn with a knife and India ink is applied. An airbrush was used to paint the basic figure, all of the rest is hand painted.
    It certainly is much faster to describe the work that went into this one than to actually do it.
    I hope you enjoy it,
    Ralph.
    Very good work and great detail. Congrats on your model mate.

Quote by JMM View Post
    Very good work and great detail. Congrats on your model mate.
    Thank you!
    Ralph.

?

Amazing detail.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast