Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

U99,

Article about: Hi, this is my U99, it was made many years ago now, I was ill at the time so asked for a model to make and this is what came along. It is one of my favourite models. also Ade said he is hank

Default U99,

Hi,
    this is my U99, it was made many years ago now, I was ill at the time so asked for a model to make and this is what came along.
    It is one of my favourite models. also Ade said he is hankering to make a model Sub s this might just start him off.
    dave.

?

Default Re: U99,

Nice model, I`ve always wanted to do a U-boat model too.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thanks Dave I am tempted!

Cheers, Ade.

Nice model !

I also like the replicas of the other, less well known of Hitlers 'V' weapons.....the under water V-1 and the under water Hurricane.

Steve T

H steve,
    Thanks i also like the v1 and hurricane, The plane is a hand made
    wooden model give to me it is in very good order for it,s age. It was made in his spare time and the cockpit glass is a small piece of perspex.
    As you like the V1, i am in the middle of making one of my winter projects, it is a 1/18th scale V1 flying bomb. Only half finished
    but will be done over time, I also have a horsa Mk1 glider to do this winter, in 1/72 scale. they will keep me busy for a while.

That looks a real beauty !

Which manufacturer is it ?

Steve T

Hi Guys,

Try this link for more info on U-99 The Type VIIB boat U-99 - German U-boats of WWII - uboat.net

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default V1 flying bomb

Hi Steve,
    It is made by Pegasus hobies, it is 17,1/2" long x 11,3/4" wing span, Nice little model to good to rush i think. So i will take my time and try to do a good job on it. It is so easy to make but it is all in the detail of the finish that make them look good, there is no stand with it but again easy to make one, im thinking of making one with a lufty insignia on it. I will have to show the finished item.
    dave.

Hi Ned,
    thanks for that it is an interesting link, and a lot of info.
    dave.

All this nice models, I just cleaned out in my model, so can't show any But I will show some later when I get the space to build again I have some very nice U-boat kit's I'm working on,
    A type IXC 1/72
    Type XXI 1/72 and in 1/40
    type VIIC/41 1/72 and in 1/40

But Very nice work there you have don
    I like it very much