Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Uss lci 537

Article about: Was at a garage sale today and asked the lady if she had any military items . She said she had a camo covered helmet which turned out to be from the 70s and when I turned around to leave I s

?

Thank you Smitty for posting that . I might stop back tomorrow and talk with the daughter some more to see if I can get some info on her dad . Gary

?

Now that is a Awesome pic Smitty!!!

Gary,
    Can you put a coin on it so we can get an idea of the scale?

That is a work of love to build that.

Semper Fi

?

Hi Phil does this help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uss lci 537  

MAP
    ?

That is huge and cool! Maybe put in a glass case to keep all the dust off...or build a D-Day themed display with this at the center
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Map it is cool . My wife and son are ready to kill me I keep playing WWII battle station sound effects on my phone.

?

I'd think about printing an enlarged image of the actual boat (as shown earlier in the thread) as a backdrop to the model. That would be a very fitting tribute to the fine work that it is.

Carl

?

Carl I am going to print out that image . I just have to find the spot to display the ship at almost 3 and a half feet its tough to find space for her . I'm also going to put her earned ribbons with her . Gary

It might sound silly..

But does it float?

I'm sure there is a lot more history to come from this fantastic landing craft.

I look forward to any updates.

?

Its made of wood so it would float for a short time just don't know how well it would hold up .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2