Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"What if" RAAF corsair

Article about: by lithgow AMTG-I would think you've probably seen 'Cross of Iron' at some stage-one of the pieces of stock footage used in the film was of Corsairs with their unmistakable cranked wings sup

?

Default "What if" RAAF corsair

This is tamiyas 1/48 scale corsair.....a few sheets of spare RAAF decals and a desire to be different caused this

It's far from finished, just showing something I'm working on.....I have a helldiver I plan to do the same, followed by a boomerang.....

Somehow this does look "right"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "What if" RAAF corsair   "What if" RAAF corsair  

Looking forward to seeing Adolf Galland's CAC Boomerang...

?

Don't tempt me! I've done games workshop warhammer 40K orc jet bombers in pseudo Luftwaffe and RAAF schemes!

Or you could try doing it in Kiwi markings, they are colourful, and correct for the Pacific Theatre....

Bob

?

I never considered Kiwi markings.....they had quite a variety of rounders they used.....you've got me inspired

AMTG-I would think you've probably seen 'Cross of Iron' at some stage-one of the pieces of stock footage used in the film was of Corsairs with their unmistakable cranked wings supposedly 'attacking the Germans in the Crimean part of the Russian front'-this never happened of course as the Soviets were never supplied with any US naval fighters but you could do your interpretation of what they would have looked like...

That's a good looking model underway and Corsairs were beautiful.

?

I've never built a corsair before, it's mainly been Luftwaffe subjects and I do agree it's a nice looking plane....

Cross of iron is a classic film.....a soviet corsair would be an interesting scheme

- - ------- - -

Thanks for your comments

Things went bad in 1942-43 and the Japanese occupied Australia. The last surviving ex RAAF CA-13 Boomerangs end up as ground support fighters in China flown by Japan's Korean allies. Like the alternative history concept in your modeling.
    Here's my 30 odd year old busted up little Airfix 1/72 Ranga. It's no comparison to your Corsair. Nice one mate.

"What if" RAAF corsair

Later
    Dave

?

Alternate history is fun!

Good looking models.

'Whisteling Death' being one of the better looking planes from WWII. Performance-wise not too shabby either. Here one from Quantico in USMC regalia:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast