Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWI Tommy

Article about: This is my latest. A 200mm resin kit by Spearhead Miniatures. I just need to get lead foil for the sling and webbing straps to finish it.

Default WWI Tommy

This is my latest. A 200mm resin kit by Spearhead Miniatures. I just need to get lead foil for the sling and webbing straps to finish it.

Default Re: WWI Tommy

Nice!!

That's a beauty !

Nicely done.

Steve T

i love resin kits, the finished product is always more detailed. great job!!!

Hi,
    Lovely model and very well detailed, love the muddy look just as it should be. A job well done and a good size to at 8", you can give good detail to a model, i also like the period pieces in the background.
    dave.

Excellent job especially the ' just spent 3 months playing in Ypres' look-how about a web chin strap for the helmet-usually placed over the back of the head (some strange idea they had about shell concussion lifting the helmet up & hurting the neck if strap over the chin)

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Excellent job especially the ' just spent 3 months playing in Ypres' look-how about a web chin strap for the helmet-usually placed over the back of the head (some strange idea they had about shell concussion lifting the helmet up & hurting the neck if strap over the chin)
    Not so strange lithgow.
    There are/were recorded instances in both world wars of troops being injured and killed because of the chin-strap catching underneath when the helmet was yanked back by concussion/shell blast etc.

I always remember my late grandfather telling me of a mortar team getting blown to pieces during training, because a mortar round caught the rim of a helmet on being fired and there being no give in the helmet, (strap under the chin), it detonated!

Fact or fiction............You tell me!!

Possible if it was the Great war-many of the hastily developed weapons & fuses were almost as dangerous for the user as for the receiver. Even in the 2nd you still managed to get monstrosities like the 'sticky' bomb being issued.

Cheers, for the kind remarks, I'll be putting the chin strap on along with the rifle sling and webbing straps for the waterbottle and entrenching tool head cover, once I get some lead foil.

I think the figure below is next on the 'to get' list. From Victory Miniatures.
    Attached Images Attached Images WWI Tommy 

?

I like the look of this figure also, and its in a scale that I work with a lot, (120mm), so I may just get one myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast