Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

15 PP badge

Article about: by 3mk . . . sometimes theres more then 1 maker and they both have a slight difference. . . True. In this case both badges are Gontarczyk products - one by virtue of the spinner (not always

Default Re: 15 PP badge

Quote by 3mk View Post
    . . . sometimes theres more then 1 maker and they both have a slight difference. . .
    True. In this case both badges are Gontarczyk products - one by virtue of the spinner (not always conclusive proof), the other is maker marked.

T.

?

I think, the difference in the numerals might come of difference when they were manufactured, or slight change in matrix...
    Simon

?

Gentlman,
    I'd like to share with you some info. I recieved this badge today and I can tell you, I am a proud owner of the very original badge of 15 PP "Wilki" from Deblin . After close examination, I have not the slightest doubt regarding its authenticity. The wear to it and visible hand crafted details speak for themselves.
    As somebody said at this forum before, the best way to recognise original item is to hold it in your hand
    Thank you for all your help and responses to my inquairy.
    Pozdrawiam
    Simon

3mk
    ?

Pictures please!
    I agree,Sometimes to see a fake from a original,You need to hold the original in your hand!

Quote by jaxmon View Post
    . . . As somebody said at this forum before, the best way to recognise original item is to hold it in your hand . . .
    Simon, congratulations on wining that badge! I do agree with Emil that holding a badge alone is not a sure litmus test of authenticity. One needs to compares directly to a known genuine example. Only by studying the real thing will the counterfeits stick out.

As you know, in the three decades following WW2 many of the pre-war badges were reproduced, with some of the non-enameled badges being made so precisely as to be almost indiscernible from the originals.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Simon, congratulations on wining that badge! I do agree with Emil that holding a badge alone is not a sure litmus test of authenticity. One needs to compares directly to a known genuine example. Only by studying the real thing will the counterfeits stick out.

As you know, in the three decades following WW2 many of the pre-war badges were reproduced, with some of the non-enameled badges being made so precisely as to be almost indiscernible from the originals.

Regards,
    Tony
    I agree with you guys. There will be a shadow of doubt. Regardless, I am 100% convinced it is an authentic Gontarczyk's job. I compared this badge with other Gontarczyk's badges in my collection and comparision came very positive.
    A few details that speak for itself:
    1. Wear of the badge - nothing like copies on the market, this one was worn, with tears of silver coating.
    2. Great detail of every wolf head (every one has a different features). Other thing, they are elevated over the surface of the badge when looking at badge's profile.
    3. Some hand work aroud cross and wolves heads, visible marks of engraving tool and every one different.
    4. Indentation in the back where the threaded stud is mounted. Very similar to many badges Gontarczyk's has made.
    5. Imperial thread.
    6. Original spinner.
    If it is not an original badge, then somebody put hell of a work to manufacture this badge.

3mk
    ?

Hey Jaxmon,
    What does imperial thread mean?Is it some kind of design or pattern on the stud on the back?
    Thanks

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Hey Jaxmon,
    What does imperial thread mean?Is it some kind of design or pattern on the stud on the back?
    Thanks
    Emil, it refers to the threaded post, and whether it based on imperial or metric measure. Something you should be learning about in your high school metalwork class!

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Emil, it refers to the threaded post, and whether it based on imperial or metric measure. Something you should be learning about in your high school metalwork class!

Regards,
    Tony
    Exactly, Tony is very right

3mk
    ?

Thanks guys,
    But Ive got 2 more years for high school!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast