Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

18 Pulk Ulanow

Article about: Hello, what do you think of this badge? Is it good? Unfortunately I have not better pictures. Best Regards Bartek

Default 18 Pulk Ulanow

Hello,

what do you think of this badge? Is it good? Unfortunately I have not better pictures.

Best Regards
    Bartek

18 Pulk Ulanow
    18 Pulk Ulanow
    18 Pulk Ulanow

Default Re: 18 Pulk Ulanow

Anyone? I think this one is a good badge. Am I wrong...?

Hello - I don't have much in the way of reference material for known genuine examples of this badge. Although the pictures are weak, there are visible differences in the construction (use of the large 'rivets') and other details from the examples purported to be genuine. Based that that I am leaning towards this badge being an old copy that has had a genuine Gontarczyk spinner added.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello,

thank you for opinion about this badge. It's very helpful.

Best Regards
    Bartek

Bartek, you're most welcome. Sorry that I cannot be any more conclusive.

I noticed this badge up for auction at present. For what it's worth I add that another way to guage possible authenticity is to watch the bidding. The 18PU badge is sought after, and a genuine example should see interest from miltiple bidders. By no means should you use this to make a decision to bid (each badge must be evaluated on its own merits) but there are many knowledgeable collectors who buy on Allegro, so a genuine badge should typically see a strong result with several bids.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

mine looks like this:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 18 Pulk Ulanow   18 Pulk Ulanow