What do you think about this one?

Best regards
    Bartek
    18th Regiment of Uhlans
    18th Regiment of Uhlans
    18th Regiment of Uhlans

?

Default re: 18th Regiment of Uhlans

I'd be very careful... The way that Gryphon is connected to the cross is unusual... I suggest close physical examination

Default Re: 18th Regiment of Uhlans

Thanks for reply. I haven't a possible keep it in my hand.
    Have anyone an original badge 18th Regiment of Uhlans and can show here?

?

Check Pre-War Badge thread, post #207. Badge in that post was made by Jan Knedler, although with different spinner.

Quote by jaxmon View Post
    Check Pre-War Badge thread, post #207. Badge in that post was made by Jan Knedler, although with different spinner.
    Simon, are you certain that's a Knedler?

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 18th Regiment of Uhlans   18th Regiment of Uhlans  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

According to Sawicki/Wielechowski - "Odznaki Wojska Polskiego 1918 - 1945" book, all badge's features indicate, it is Knedler's product. It is two part construction with 3 studded joint, plus light stamp-profiling and the shape of digits. Gontarczyk's soldier version is one-part construction where Gryphon is soldered to the cross. Unless, of course, authors are wrong.

Quote by jaxmon View Post
    . . . Gontarczyk's soldier version is one-part construction where Gryphon is soldered to the cross. Unless, of course, authors are wrong.
    The badge pictured in post #5 is also two piece construction with three 'rivets' holding the parts together, and very obviously from the same producer as yours. That both badges have Gontarczyk spinners while supposedly being Knedler products seems an unlikely coincidence. Worth noting is that neither the Filipow nor the Wielecki/Sieradzki cavalry badge references list Knedler as a recognized maker. Only Gontarczyk is listed. The Sawicki/Wielechowski books are valuable recent additions to the reference sources, but unfortunately not error free. And I suspect that we may have one here.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

I agree with you Tony. I checked Wielecki/Sawicki book to confirm your opinion. Hence, we have Gontarczyk's badges
    Regards,
    Simon