Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 Batalion Pancerny legitymacji 1938 and 2 BPanc group photo 1936.

Article about: One of my favourite badge designs—8 Batalion Pancerny of Bydgoszcz. This is a yesterday's repro—from Andrzej Panasiuk a fine badge design none the less

Default 2 Batalion Pancerny legitymacji 1938 and 2 BPanc group photo 1936.

Hi, The only pre-WWII Polish armour I have, anyone have 4 or 5 BPAnc items?

2 Batalion Pancerny (Żurawica 1935-1939) legitymacji dated 9VII 1938 and 2 BPanc group photo dated 21 VI 1936.

Unfortunately whoever removed the photo from an album also tore some of the backing away so the a few of the names are fragments only. I wish people would just soak the backing off in warm water—old Ink doesn't run after a few years and the glue would just melt away. I have seen so many great photos ruined by inept removal.

The badge (which wasn't sold as an original) is undoubtably an old replica (don't know who by) and the enamelling has been crudely repaired by someone using what looks like nail polish!!! I was going to use acetone nail polish remover to get rid of the repair but am afraid it might do more damage than good. Any advice?
    The spinner is oldish and marked: STANISŁAW REISING GRAWER WARSZAWA NIECAŁA 1. Anybody know anything about this maker, all I know is they made a version of the V.M. before WWII but that's about it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Batalion Pancerny legitymacji 1938 and 2 BPanc group photo 1936.   2 Batalion Pancerny legitymacji 1938 and 2 BPanc group photo 1936.  

2 Batalion Pancerny legitymacji 1938 and 2 BPanc group photo 1936.   2 Batalion Pancerny legitymacji 1938 and 2 BPanc group photo 1936.  

2 Batalion Pancerny legitymacji 1938 and 2 BPanc group photo 1936.   2 Batalion Pancerny legitymacji 1938 and 2 BPanc group photo 1936.  

3mk
    ?

Default Re: 2 Batalion Pancerny legitymacji 1938 and 2 BPanc group photo 1936.

Nice one

Exceptional !!

Vic

3mk
    ?

Are you sure its a replica?It looks good and would fool me.Take a cotton swab and put some acetone on it and lightly rub on that spot and It should come off eventually.I dont think acetone would harm any of the enemal or the metal of the the badge.

Nice award document, and interesting photograph. These armoured battalion docs are quite rare.

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Are you sure its a replica?It looks good and would fool me. . . .
    Yes, an old copy. Posted below is an original example by Grabski that sold a couple of years ago. As seen on some Grabski products, the initials of the craftsman that made this badge are stamped into the reverse.

The other known maker is Wiktor Gontarczyk. There is some conflicting information on the badge details with the Turlejski / Markert reference listing the Gontarczyk products as also being of two part construction but supposedly use three wire prongs.

Reising is not a recognized maker in either the Turlejski / Markert or the Sawicki / Wielechowski references.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Batalion Pancerny legitymacji 1938 and 2 BPanc group photo 1936.   2 Batalion Pancerny legitymacji 1938 and 2 BPanc group photo 1936.  

3mk
    ?

Well thanks for clearing that one up,Ill save those photos for my ``online archive``.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the info and photos—brilliant The orange enameling style on my replica is not the same as more modern repros from Andrzej Panasiuk in Warsaw which are almost translucent. Maybe it came from a post-war English maker?

Attached is the Panasiuk repro:
    Attached Images Attached Images 2 Batalion Pancerny legitymacji 1938 and 2 BPanc group photo 1936. 

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    . . . The orange enameling style on my replica is not the same as more modern repros from Andrzej Panasiuk in Warsaw which are almost translucent. Maybe it came from a post-war English maker?

Attached is the Panasiuk repro:
    Yours could very well be an old British made copy. As far as Panasiuk products, posted below is one I used to own. This one dates back to 1980's or earlier production. As you can see, Panasiuk also produced copies with the more opaque enamelwork.

Regards,
    Tony

3mk
    ?

Indeed
    Earlier copies from Panasiuk are harder to identyfy.

[QUOTE=A.J. Zawadzki;102632]This one dates back to 1980's or earlier production. As you can see, Panasiuk also produced copies with the more opaque enamelwork. /QUOTE]

Many thanks Tony - for the info and images

Mine is definitely not from the same die as the Panasiuk as the top left section of the gear wheel has a wider rim so there is less space between the rim and the arm. It that respect it matches the original more closely based on the Gontarczyk photos you posted, so I would say it is from a different maker than Panasiuk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast