Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

69th Infantry Regiment - badges / insignia

Article about: by DVSobota Hello, Very nice. Can you send me any pictures of emblems or badges from the 69th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Army ( regiment formed at Gniezno as 11 Wielkopolska, assigned to 17th In

Thanks David. What you have here are records detailing your grandfather’s military service, a personal autobiography, comments from his commanders, his Virtuti Militari award diploma, and other important details relating to his award of the VM. I am not the best at quick deciphering Polish cursive text, so you’ll need to rely on someone else for this. But there’s some very interesting information contained in these pages that will be well worth your while to look into.

Quote by DVSobota View Post
    . . . How you find a threat you're part of on here? I had to use the link in my email.
    Sorry, I’ don’t quite understand your question. It seems you’re asking about searches, and the forum does have a search function, both for individual threads and also each sub-forum. This is accessible from the toolbar at the top. Hope that helps.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hey Tony,

I was trying to find our discussion thread - sorry misspelled it. Tried the search.

Can you please send me a better copy of the 69th infantry regiment history. I found a Polish liaison officer who will translate it for me.
    Thanks,
    David

Hi David,

The regimental history you are asking about is located at the beginning of this thread, on the third post. Click on the image, and then click on it again for more magnification. All text is clearly visible for your friend to translate.

As and FYI, you might want to consider on-line translators. These can be an extremely helpful tool. But it will mean that you will need to type in the text yourself, which of course takes time and effort. Here’s a good one:

Translator

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

I got it -- so cool! Do you have a similar history for the 1st Heavy Artillery unit, near Modlin. My Granddad fought against the Germans in WW II as well.

Thanks so much Tony!

Hi David, yes I do, and will strive to scan and post it for you this weekend. I also have a book on this regiment containing a more detailed history, so if you find there’s some specific information you need just let me know and I’ll check there for you.

Regards,
    Tony

Hey Tony,
    Definitely would like as much info as I can on what my granddad did in WW II. I just started reading Zamoyski's Warsaw 1920 book.
    Also his second medal appears to have a women's head on it facing to the left. I found pictures for the other medals (took a long time) and badges but not that one. I think you said it was a Commemorative 1920 medal.
    I really appreciate all your help.

David

?

Translation of the first document. Witness statement from the battle of village Mlynarze

Platoon leader Sobota of the 1st Company proved bravery and perseverance in battle.
    On 6.8. of this year, in the battle near Mlynarze, came up Sobota at the head of his platoon first to the village, taking 8 prisoners and spreading crazy panic among the enemy. The enemy ran out in scare on the entire front section.
    The enemy, who counterattacked trying to recapture the village, was rejected with heavy losses, thanks to the skillful command of platoon leader Sobota, who flanked the enemy.

Quote by DVSobota View Post
    . . . Also his second medal appears to have a women's head on it facing to the left. I found pictures for the other medals (took a long time) and badges but not that one. I think you said it was a Commemorative 1920 medal.
    Hi David, here it is:

69th Infantry Regiment - badges / insignia

Regards,
    Tony

Thanks Tony!
    Thanks for the translation. Very impressive. You know Polish?
    Also, I did find that same picture of the Commemorative 1920 medal, but I just wasn't able to make out an eagle on the front. I attached a zoomed in picture of his ID card.

Thanks,
    David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 69th Infantry Regiment - badges / insignia  
    Attached Images Attached Images 69th Infantry Regiment - badges / insignia 

Hi David,

Credit for that translation belongs to Jaxmon. While I am able to read and write Polish language reasonable well, deciphering cursive writing is a whole different ball game!

Rest assured that I haven’t forgotten about posting the 1st Heavy Artillery Regiment info. Will try to get to this in the next day or two.

Cheers,
    Tony

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast