Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

69th Infantry Regiment - badges / insignia

Article about: by DVSobota Hello, Very nice. Can you send me any pictures of emblems or badges from the 69th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Army ( regiment formed at Gniezno as 11 Wielkopolska, assigned to 17th In

?

David, I can translate his biography if you wish

That be great! You talking about his award diploma? Is there an address where he lived in Poland in there? My Dad tried to find his house several times. He died 2 months ago now.

David

?

Quote by DVSobota View Post
    That be great! You talking about his award diploma? Is there an address where he lived in Poland in there? My Dad tried to find his house several times. He died 2 months ago now.

David
    I am talking about his hand written autobiography. He lived in small village called Zawady, county of Rawicz in province Wielkopolskie. Small villages didn't have streets names. Usually there was only a house number.
    Here is translation:

I was born on March 25, 1896 in Zawady, county Rawicz from father Ignacy and mother Jadwiga nee Kapala.
    In years 1902 - 1910, I took schooling in German 4 grade system school located in Ugoda, county of Rawicz.
    In 1915 I was enlisted in Prussian army. I have taken part in battles on French and Russian fronts.
    On April 17, 1919 I was enlisted in Polish army, to 69 Infantry Regiment. In the war against Bolsheviks, I have taken part in battles of Berezyna, Budzislaw, Lida, Grodno and Warsaw.
    In February of 1920 I was promoted to the rank of corporal, in June to the rank of platoon leader, in August to the rank of Sergeant.
    In 1922 I became professional soldier.
    In 1923, according to my request, I participated in course of shoeing horses in Warsaw. After graduation I was sent to 1st Heavy Artillery Regiment as a master horseshoer (blacksmith?), where until now I am fulfilling this duty.
    On June 1, 1928 I was promoted to the rank of Staff Sergeant of artillery.

It was written in Modlin on March 31, 1934

?

I will translate you more later
    I am truly sorry for your loss
    Which one was your father: Kazimierz, Henryk, Stefan or Ignacy?

Quote by DVSobota View Post
    I got it -- so cool! Do you have a similar history for the 1st Heavy Artillery unit, near Modlin. My Granddad fought against the Germans in WW II as well.
    . . .
    Thanks for your patience:

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hey Tony,

Any luck posting the 1st Heavy Artillery Regiment history? I did finally get the 69th regiment history translated. I found somebody at the University of Warsaw to do it. Would you like me to post it?

David

Hey Jaxman,

My Dad was Ignacy. Thanks for your translation. I thought I thanked you before but I'm not seeing it here. I'm new to all this. We're still dealing with Probate. We're discovering all kinds of pictures we know nothing about.
    Any chance you would translate the 1st Heavy Artillery regiment history that Tony just posted?

Default more pictures of Grandfather Josef Sobota and son Stefan

69th Infantry Regiment - badges / insignia69th Infantry Regiment - badges / insignia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 69th Infantry Regiment - badges / insignia   69th Infantry Regiment - badges / insignia  

Hey Tony,
    I have question about my Uncle Stefan's military portrait I just posted. I was told he was conscripted into the German army but he appears to be wearing a Polish uniform. Did those units wear polish insignia?

David

Just saw your post on the history. Thanks for find that. What's the trick to post my 69th translation. I get a red exclamation when I tried to do it. I converted it to pdf and it didn't like that either.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast