Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

69th Infantry Regiment - badges / insignia

Article about: by DVSobota Hello, Very nice. Can you send me any pictures of emblems or badges from the 69th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Army ( regiment formed at Gniezno as 11 Wielkopolska, assigned to 17th In

Quote by DVSobota View Post
    I have question about my Uncle Stefan's military portrait I just posted. I was told he was conscripted into the German army but he appears to be wearing a Polish uniform. Did those units wear polish insignia?
    Hi David,

German uniforms only for soldiers serving in the German Army.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by DVSobota View Post
    Just saw your post on the history. Thanks for find that. What's the trick to post my 69th translation. I get a red exclamation when I tried to do it. I converted it to pdf and it didn't like that either.
    You're welcome. If it's an image you're trying to post here's some easy to follow instructions:
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hello Tony,
    Hate to be even more demanding, but could you please rescan the first page. The curving makes it impossible to scan. Can you trying flattening the book more.
    Just let me know. I really do appreciate this. Should I send the translation back to you. I found a guy in Warsaw University who's doing this for me.

Thanks, David

Hi David, those are photos rather than scans and they are quite readable (I checked for this before posting). You need to click on the image once and then click on it again for maximum magnification. Try this and let me know. I'm sure you'll find all text quite readable.

I am able to read Polish, but thank you nonetheless for your kind offer of a translation.

Cheers,
    Tony

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5