Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

another VIRTUTI MILITARI

Article about: by Igor Ostapenko and another VM5 from Knedler (?) water and soap

And - last

I have not the book of Prof. Dr. Zdzislaw P. Wesolowski " The Order of the Virtuti Militari and It's Cavaliers 1792-1992 " ,
    and use Reprint in web vm_stats

and we can see :
    "... 100 specially made sterling silver Crosses with gold center disks were made by Gontarczyk and delivered on 23 November 1922 which were to be distributed to foreigners with an addition lot of the same type made by Krupski with Cross serial numbers 9700-9799 ... "

So - we have government issue 100 crosses
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture another VIRTUTI MILITARI  

I am very familiar with this write-up, which mentions Gontarczyk as the maker of a special order. However, it goes on to state: “and additional lot of the same type made by Krupski with Cross serial numbers 9700-9799 ... " The crosses you’ve pictured are in this number range, and they are unmistakably the very unique Knedler pattern. So there’s possibly of an error in the info, unless Krupski & Matulewicz used Knedler dies - ??

The Krupski & Matulewicz VM is an altogether different design. I’m away from my photo archives at the moment, but will strive to post photos later.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

As promised earlier here's a Krupski i Matulewicz product (barrel suspension type):

another VIRTUTI MILITARI

Here's a Gontarczyk VM (made in the 1930's according to the silver proof type) using a KiM stamping die used for the government issue crosses during the production run in 1921-22:

another VIRTUTI MILITARI

And here's a Knedler (there were variations in suspension style and other slight differences, but the split wreath and eagle style remained distinctive trademarks):

another VIRTUTI MILITARI

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

find in web picture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture another VIRTUTI MILITARI  

Quote by Igor Ostapenko View Post
    find in web picture
    and picture of this Knedler's cross ( without hallmarks )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture another VIRTUTI MILITARI   another VIRTUTI MILITARI  

another VIRTUTI MILITARI   another VIRTUTI MILITARI  

one more Knedler's (?) "wtornik"

medalions - separate parts , order lackered , number 5084

I want to clean this cross ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture another VIRTUTI MILITARI   another VIRTUTI MILITARI  

another VIRTUTI MILITARI  

Quote by Igor Ostapenko View Post
    one more Knedler's (?) "wtornik"

medalions - separate parts , order lackered , number 5084

I want to clean this cross ...
    like "wtornik" of Major Hubal

now

another VIRTUTI MILITARI   another VIRTUTI MILITARI  

Thanx for Information to PM

VM5 #5084 was awarded Bronislaw Rafalski
    Lista oficerów WP 1914-1939

( my cross just "wtornik" )

The Twilight Zone ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast