MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone have a copy of- Ostatni Egzamin: Wojsko Polskie Wobec Kryzysu Czechosowackiego, 1938-1939

Article about: Hello Like the subject line says, if someone has a copy could I trouble them to look up something and possibly scan it for me? Chris...... the Author is - Marek Piotr Deszczynski

Default Anyone have a copy of- Ostatni Egzamin: Wojsko Polskie Wobec Kryzysu Czechosowackiego, 1938-1939

Hello

Like the subject line says, if someone has a copy could I trouble them to look up something and possibly scan it for me?

Chris......
    the Author is - Marek Piotr Deszczynski

Default Re: Anyone have a copy of- Ostatni Egzamin: Wojsko Polskie Wobec Kryzysu Czechosowackiego, 1938-1939

Hi Chris, sorry, I don’t have the book. But this controversial chapter in the events leading up to WW2 has always been of particular interest to me. What exactly are you trying to find out?

Regards,
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images Anyone have a copy of- Ostatni Egzamin: Wojsko Polskie Wobec Kryzysu Czechosowackiego, 1938-1939 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Re: Anyone have a copy of- Ostatni Egzamin: Wojsko Polskie Wobec Kryzysu Czechosowackiego, 1938-1939

Hello Tony
    I'm looking for a reference to communications companies from the 22 Infantry Division & No.6 Telegraph Battalion attached to GO Command "D" (strike group) or GO "Bourta" commanded by general Boruta-Spiechowicz Sept 39. I'm trying to trace all the companies of No.6 Telegraph that were deployed in the field. I've a good sense of four companies attached to "Armia Karpaty" thanks to a book of the same name (& other references) and an excellent pdf Jung sent me. My great uncle was in No.6 Telegraph as a truck mechanic, I don't know if I'll ever learn which company he was in but at least I'm getting a better sense of context.

Chris...........

Hi Chris, sorry I can’t help you with your question. Perhaps someone else here will be able to now that we know the specific nature of your search.

I wasn’t aware of this book prior to your post but will keep an eye out for it.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I got this book, can take a look ...

Quote by pat15567 View Post
    I got this book, can take a look ...
    Thank you for that Pat, much appreciated! And no worries Tony.

Chris...........

Hey Pat

Thought I should mention that until Sept 2/39 GO "Bourta" was first known as Grupa Operacyjna Bielsko (GO "Bielsko").

Chris...........

I am affraid that i did not understood You well Chris. This book is mostly about polish military operations involved in retaking Zalozie in 1938. There is some more informations about historicial background of 1938 and early 1939, but You won't find a word in this book about September of 1939. I just took a look on details and can't find anything useful for You. This book is huge, got over 500 pages, so finding specific informations for such small units as companies are i would say not possible. Specialy if You are trying to track the 1939 battletrail of those units. Tracing each comunication unit from 22 Inf. Div will be a very hard work. In Polish Army every infantry regiment got one comunnication platoon (54 soldiers). I believe their tracks were similar to the roads of their home regiments, specialy in Sept. 1939.

Hello Pat and thank you so very much for checking.

I got the information from a Polish forum at dws.org.pl • Zobacz temat - GO - grupy operacyjne where the poster writes "kompania łączności wystawiona przez 22 DP i wzmocniona przez 6 batalion telegraficzny". He says he got the information from that book you have.

Maybe give that page a read and see what you think, I may have misunderstood. I have to use google translate to understand Polish.

Chris...........

I checked that also. Group "D" was formed in march 1939 specialy for another border situation in south-eastern part of Poland (called Rus Zakarpacka - current Ukraine). Colapse of Czechoslovakia provoked Hungaria to seize some of their terretories. Group "D" was to cover that part of border (circa 300 km in Carpathian Mountains). Command of this group was given to gen. Fabrycy, and the HQ were in Lwow. Their role was to secure this section of the border with KOP against possible military action by the Ukrainians and keeping the out of Poland in the time when Hungarians were taking that part of Slovakia. As You know Poland had large populations of Ukarinians on this territories, same was in Slovakia. So the whole idea was to keep the border secured in the time when Hungarians were fighting with Ukrainian Sicz on former Slovakian land (Rus Zakarpacka). There was a strong threat that paramilitary Ukrainian units would enter Poland when they will be pushed by Hungarians. I assume that this group "D" was canceled and unformed right after this action. This is what is about group "D" in this book. So this comunication company from 22 Inf. Division is probably three regiments comunication platoons merged together in one unit + 6 th Telegraphic Battalion. So it is only related with short-time action of Polish Army securing south-eastern borderd in time when Hungary was taking Rus Zakarpacka from Slovakia (march 1939).

Here is this place in modern times on Google Maps - most of this territory nowadays belogns to Ukraine. Some info about Carpatho-Ukraine from Wikipedia: Carpatho-Ukraine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here some photos from meeting polish and hungarian troops on new border:
    Zbiory NAC on-line - prototyp
    Last edited by pat15567; 04-28-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast