Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Simon, please share your observations with us. On initial glance there appear to be slight differences in some of the details (snake’s head; feathering on the eagle), but

?

Badge of 70 PP (Infantry Regiment) appears to be authentic, silver made, officer version with proper silver hallmarks and maker's marks. I've seen those badges listed by Polish numismatic dealers for around $1200. Still available.
    Badge of 57 PP. 3rd version, made by Stefan Zygmaniak. Everythning seems correct, but you need close examination to be certain of its authenticity. If original, could be worth somewhere between $400-1000.
    Here is mine, 1st version, in silver made by Jan Knedler
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Here are couple of VM's currently on Ebay.

Price is good.... But.....there are problems.....

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Here is the other one....

They bear characteristics of VM's produced by pre-WW2 Warsaw based maker Stanisław Reising. Of course, seeing two near-mint condition crosses by the same maker in similar serial number range listed for sale at the same time does raise questions. I’d like to examine these in hand before passing judgment.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

To add to the prior post, here are two examples of fourth-class Reising VM’s. Interestingly, both also in the 800 serial number range, and using the same sans-serif number font which is different than earlier numbered Reising crosses. Also note the similar course surface finish (especially visible on the reverse) to the two 5th class crosses posted earlier:

#813:

#824:

Here’s a Reising with the earlier numeral font:

Regards,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Default 4dak

Guys what are your feelings.

Thanks in advance.

MikeAuction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Michal, we're in the murky waters of the workshop / field made "warsztatowki", or a clever fake. Unless this piece suddenly starts speaking we will likely never know.

Regards,
    Tony

Thanks Tony its up to 350zl now...might give it the wide birth.

Michal, I don't blame you. I'll also watch with interest, from a safe distance. If it's a field made Horse Artillery badge then this would had to have been from the WW2 period exile forces 7th Horse Artillery Regiment of the 2nd Artillery Group, Polish 2nd Corps. Ersatz badges were not something associated with the 2nd Polish Republic armed forces, but rather unique to the Polish Armed Forces in the West fighting alongside the Allies. While many of these units did produce recognized "warsztatowki" badges that attained "official status", this regiment was not one of them according to the limited extant reference materials.

Cheers,
    Tony

What would we ever do without you Tony! Have a good weekend! And happy watching!
    In case anyone is interested here is a link I found to officers database 1914-39. I found my great grandfather there, found out he was a "Kapitan" in the 60PP with 2x Medal Waleczny in 1928 for the 1918-20 war. Lista oficer

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast