Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Simon, please share your observations with us. On initial glance there appear to be slight differences in some of the details (snake’s head; feathering on the eagle), but

Default Re: Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Emil - this is a copy. Quickest check is the cross atop the crown. From the reverse view the four arms of the cross should be clearly defined. Also, the suspension is wrong, although this is not always a foolproof check as sometimes suspensions on genuine crosses are modified. Pictured below is mine with original suspension.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    Is it original?
    Hi Mariusz,

All items genuine pre-WW2 except the silver Cross of Merit. Emil is correct - it appears to be a post war communist era cross.

Here's a direct comparison to a pre-war 'government issue' cross. Note the background of the enameled arms. The post war crosses have a distinct 'pebbling' that is coarser than their pre-war counterparts.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

3mk
    ?

Hey Tony,
    Thanks for the reply, I guess the price was too good to be true.
    Thanks again

Regards
    Emil

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I guess the price was too good to be true.
    You're most welcome. The copies are well made by virtue of having the reverse side details replicated convincingly, and some are chemically treated to produce an oxidized finish. These can be especially deceptive when mounted to aged ribbons.

Oh, and as the old saying goes - if it seems to good to be true, it probably is . . . especially in the Polish militaria marketplace!

Regards,
    Tony

3mk
    ?

Well thats bad news for us collectors

What about this Patrotic/Legions ring? Polish rings are being faked but all of them Have a Exile/pre-war eagle,Pisudski`s head or the AK symbol, Ive never seen one that looked like this.

I think this is a Hallers Army ring judging from the style of the eagle.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version. 

Emil, Gut feel on the ring is not good. It doesn't have the look of honest wear and age, but rather that of recently made oxidized pewter. Very similar to the look of the knock offs fakes flooding the market. I could be wrong though.

Regards, T.

3mk
    ?

Thanks Tony Ill avoid this one.

Regards
    Emil

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Emil - this is a copy. Quickest check is the cross atop the crown. From the reverse view the four arms of the cross should be clearly defined. Also, the suspension is wrong, although this is not always a foolproof check as sometimes suspensions on genuine crosses are modified. Pictured below is mine with original suspension.

Regards,
    Tony
    Here's another example; don't ask me about the blue ribbon; that's how I got it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Nice Huszt Ivan!

Regards,
    T.

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Thanks Tony Ill avoid this one.
    Best to remain cautious. It's a mine field out there . . .

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast