Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Simon, please share your observations with us. On initial glance there appear to be slight differences in some of the details (snake’s head; feathering on the eagle), but

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Thanks for moving my post Tony

A.Panasiuk cross with numbering on it

VIRTUTI MILITARI WWII , 1939 Poland , Polish Order - eBay (item 260610465712 end time Jun-03-10 17:24:41 PDT)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Thanks for moving my post Tony
    No problem. I was hopingto get a reply by now. I don't collect LWP era items, so we'll just have to await someone with knowledge to chime in.

Quote by 3mk View Post
    A.Panasiuk cross with numbering on it
    Well, if you're going to go to the trouble of faking one, might as well number it up for a general. There could be an argument that this is a legitimate replacement copy. But I'm not holding my breath.

Regards,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

3mk
    ?

Hey Tony,
    It indeed could be a replacement copy, But I would expect that the numbering would be alot better?Or there would be a jewlers hallmark some where.Theres no gold disk behinde the eagle, but Ive seen one with out it but the eagles head was titled up unlike the one shown.

Regards
    Emil

3mk
    ?

Hey there,
    Ive been offered these Polish binoculars, All the Polish markings are hard to make out but can anybody tell me how much these would be worth?Im interested as the would look nice in my collection and my Grandpa always talked about how his friend had taken binoculars off a German but they were really Polish which the soldier took at a war trophy, or they were simply better then the German binoculars.

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Attached Images Attached Images Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version. 

Emil, I am not an expert in this field, but these do not strike me as being of pre-war vintage. Polish military binoculars of the pre-war period were very clearly marked with the typical marks "W.P." and obilgatory eagle, along with maker name, etc. I'll have to dig up some pictures, or perhaps Tomek, szkop667, Justin or others can post some examples.

As far as prices, the genuine pre-war binoculars I have seen on the market remain affordable and in relatively good supply. I have seen prices from $100 up to about $400 for a set complete with storage case and strap in good condition.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

3mk
    ?

Hey Tony,
    Thanks for the info, The seller see`s the fait markings of WP and PZO with Warszawa under it but he says Its hard to see in the pictures.He thinks a German might of took It in September Campaign and used It until a American had tooken them off him.
    There cheap so I think Ill buy them.

Hi,

On the 3rd floor in the Polish Institute and Sikorski Museum in London there is a rather large display of the Orders and Medals awarded to General Odzierzynski.

Included in the display is a photograph of the General a pre war letter then his awards: VM gold cross, VM silver cross, OOP officers Cross, KW 1918-21 with 1 Bar, KW 1939-45, ZKZzM, MN, MW, MW 1918-21, 10th Anniversary of Independence Medal, 20YLSM, 10YLSM, Monte Cassino Cross, British C.B.E., 1939-45 Star, Italy Star, Defence Medal, Italian War Cross, American Legion of Merit (Commanders Cross).

The Museum houses the Awards of some of the top Polish Generals of WW2:

General Wladyslaw Anders, General Stanislaw Maczek, General Bronislaw Duch, General Zygmunt Szyszko-Bohusz, General Tadeusz Bor Komorowski, General Stanislaw Kopanski, General Klemens Rudnicki, General Pil. Aleksander Gabsztewicz, General Antoni Grudzinski, General Ludwik Kmicic-Skrzynski, General Bronislaw Noel.

There are also smaller displays for the following Generals:

General Zygmunt Piasecki, General Aleksander Praglowski, General Stefan Strzemienski, General Stanislaw Sosabowski.

The display on the staircase wall from the 2nd to the 3rd floor , includes British D.S.O.'s & D.F.C.'s to Horbaczewski and Janus plus numerious other British awards including O.B.E.'s, D.S.M.'s, D.S.C.'s and has you turn the corner the awards given to President August Zaleski.

The displays just take your breath away, they are amazing normally the staircase from the 2nd -3rd floor is out of bounds to the public but if you are allowed up stairs it is really beautiful full diplays of Uniforms, Legitymacja, when I was taken up stairs for the first time over 30 years ago my eyes were ouy on stalks to actually see all these items in one place.

Anyway I have gone on too much sorry for that.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

ccj
    ?

Any photos or does the museum have a book featuring a photographic tour of the inside?

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hi,

On the 3rd floor in the Polish Institute and Sikorski Museum in London there is a rather large display of the Orders and Medals awarded to General Odzierzynski.

Included in the display is a photograph of the General a pre war letter then his awards: VM gold cross, VM silver cross, OOP officers Cross, KW 1918-21 with 1 Bar, KW 1939-45, ZKZzM, MN, MW, MW 1918-21, 10th Anniversary of Independence Medal, 20YLSM, 10YLSM, Monte Cassino Cross, British C.B.E., 1939-45 Star, Italy Star, Defence Medal, Italian War Cross, American Legion of Merit (Commanders Cross).

The Museum houses the Awards of some of the top Polish Generals of WW2:

General Wladyslaw Anders, General Stanislaw Maczek, General Bronislaw Duch, General Zygmunt Szyszko-Bohusz, General Tadeusz Bor Komorowski, General Stanislaw Kopanski, General Klemens Rudnicki, General Pil. Aleksander Gabsztewicz, General Antoni Grudzinski, General Ludwik Kmicic-Skrzynski, General Bronislaw Noel.

There are also smaller displays for the following Generals:

General Zygmunt Piasecki, General Aleksander Praglowski, General Stefan Strzemienski, General Stanislaw Sosabowski.

The display on the staircase wall from the 2nd to the 3rd floor , includes British D.S.O.'s & D.F.C.'s to Horbaczewski and Janus plus numerious other British awards including O.B.E.'s, D.S.M.'s, D.S.C.'s and has you turn the corner the awards given to President August Zaleski.

The displays just take your breath away, they are amazing normally the staircase from the 2nd -3rd floor is out of bounds to the public but if you are allowed up stairs it is really beautiful full diplays of Uniforms, Legitymacja, when I was taken up stairs for the first time over 30 years ago my eyes were ouy on stalks to actually see all these items in one place.

Anyway I have gone on too much sorry for that.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Quote by ccj View Post
    Any photos or does the museum have a book featuring a photographic tour of the inside?
    Looks like a good topic for a dedicated thread! . .. stay tuned . . . (to be posted in the Armed Forces in the West section)

70. Rocznica Powstania Styczniowego, orygina?! (1058899870) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro.

Looks alright as well as other items he's selling but what do you think?
    Quite uncommon and nice designed crosses they were by the way

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast