Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Simon, please share your observations with us. On initial glance there appear to be slight differences in some of the details (snake’s head; feathering on the eagle), but

Very useful link Michal, many thanks for posting

Risky of course but I actually like this potential "warsztatowki" Horse Artillery badge and the spinner design is seen with some "unofficial" made badges.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Default 60pp

Well Stefan I couldn't help myself and won the bidding for 350zl, but that was as far as I was going to go. Will post photos when I get it! Guys what about this 60PP odznaczenie. Is it a replica with old spinner? Does anyone have photos of a legitimate one, I can't find any on the web?

Regards
    Michal
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version. 

Hi Michal,

The 60PP is a copy. Adam Nagalski is the only recognized official maker of this regiments badge. Side by side comparison to a genuine example below along with a view of the reverse.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Pare Helmet Rembertowka

Attachment 739687Attachment 739688Attachment 739689Attachment 739690

Hi the above helmet is a recent listing on ebay.

Is this a real helmet or fake.
    Can someone please let me know what to look for in a real one.

Many Thanks Rob

Hi Rob, the eagle appears to be a version of the one found on the "Hartenstein Hotel" helmet, although that one was applied using white paint if memory serves. That particular helmet has been discussed here previously, and I recall Gary J suggesting that this non-regulation eagle pattern was possibly postwar applied and used in the allied occupation zone in Germany. An oversized prominent eagle would've made an unmistakable impression on the locals that the Poles had not been vanquished, and moreover were now in a position of authority.

As far as the helmet up for sale, I am not very convinced. I suppose the yellow paint used for the eagle here is to simulate the gas detection paint used on original para helmet eagles. The paint job overall appears fresh despite the effort to give it an appearance of having some patina. I'll also add that this particular seller does not have a sterling reputation. Buyer beware.

Regards, Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

57th Regiment bagde is also original. It is a second version, made by Zygmaniak from Poznan.

?

Default Polish "patki"

Hello, I'm glad to post at the first time. I've a question about polish "patki"-strap(?) wz. 36. I'm not sure that it is model 36, it was a similar one-wz. 53 for LWP. In my opinion, no matter when it was done it's not a fake
    What's your opinion? Thanks in advance
    Greetings
    Filip

I enclose a photo of "patki".

- - ------- - -

Hello, I'm glad to post at the first time. I've a question about polish "patki"-strap(?) wz. 36. I'm not sure that it is model 36, it was a similar one-wz. 53 for LWP. In my opinion, no matter when it was done it's not a fake
    What's your opinion? Thanks in advance
    Greetings
    Filip

I enclose a photo of "patki".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Hello Filip and welcome. I agree with you that these are genuine, and I am very much leaning towards LWP production.

Regards,
    Tony

?

Thanks Tony for replying. I'm not good at LWP, could you tell me something more about it? For the first time I thought that this is a medical staff "patki" wz.36-the wavy line is simmilar.

Filip, you are most welcome, although I have not been of much help to you. I agree that the colour appears to be that of the medical branch of service. While LWP era military is not my strong suit either, I am leaning to this being postwar vintage from the look of the buillon thread. Of course, we have the usual issue with coming to any conclusions from relatively weak digital photographs. Never easy and usually impossible.

Let's hope that some of our more knowledgable members in this specific area chime in with their thoughts.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast