Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Simon, please share your observations with us. On initial glance there appear to be slight differences in some of the details (snake’s head; feathering on the eagle), but

?

I must thank you very much for your commitment and opinion. I will take better photos and put them in the appropriate forum connected with LWP, maybe I will get more information about these "patki".

Kind regards
    Filip

Hi Filip - you're most welcome. Best wishes in your hunt.

On another topic - this wonderful set was just listed on ebay. Everything appears absolutely genuine. The pilot is flying officer Stanislaw Rawicz-Wolski. The VM listing has him included without the hyphenated surname as Stanislaw Wolski. Shame the documents are not listed:

WW2 Medals Polish RAF Fighter | eBay

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

This auction is truly amazing! What a shame I can't afford it Someone who will win these artifacts will be a lucky guy )
    Nice that you showed it and we can feast our eyes.

Yes Filip, definitely a feast for the eyes. Many very desirable pieces in there. The VM, the Knedler pre-war 1 Pulk Lotniczy badge, both pre-war and PSZ period bullion hat eagles, just to name a few. That cased Spink made Czech air force badge is also a rare piece. Where does one start?

Maybe a trip to my banker for a loan .

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

It is very good that the seller does not split a set of veteran memorabilia for bigger profits but sells the whole package. In Poland it is a fairly common phenomenon, people want to earn destroying the memory :|.

Agreed 100%. It is painful to see groupings that have survived intact for well over half a century be split up and tossed to winds in the name of profit. But there's not much we can do, other than try to convince the seller to sell the lot as whole. I have been successful on two occasions to convince sellers to cancel auctions and sell the entire lot, thereby saving them. Thankfully in this instance all of the items are being sold together. The sad reality is that the seller would likely see a much better return if he was to split everything up.

Cheers,
    Tony

Wow what a collection. Now if only there wasn't bills and rent to pay this month I'd put in a bid.

Two items I'd like your opinion on. The first is this Wz. 31 Salamandra. On the outside it seems in good condition, but the inside has been messed with to my eyes? Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

This item I'm more skeptical about. Condition just seems far too good for a 1939 vintage rogatywka:

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Your opinions would be welcome. Cheers!

The wz.31 helmet has been messed with and messed up. The liner has been re & re’d. It’s been repainted with the obligatory anti-reflective finish, although for some reason the painter carried on to spray the interior. Otherwise the shell is good and looks to be in solid condition.

The field cap is not pre-WW2, and has been doctored up with a pre-war wz.19 pattern eagle.

Regards,
    Tony

This badge are original or copy ?
    A 1933 Polish Naval Aviation Observer's 2nd Class Qualification Badge - Poland - Europe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast