Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Simon, please share your observations with us. On initial glance there appear to be slight differences in some of the details (snake’s head; feathering on the eagle), but

Default Re: Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Hello,

Could you tell me if this Polish Army Signal Officer's Regimental badge is 100% pre-war, please ?

Here is its link on Polish Wikipedia -

Pu

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thank You

Justin1939

[email protected]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

Here's a nice 22nd Infantry Regiment badge that sold recently in Poland for 4494zł (1568USD / 980GBP). Another beautifully designed and crafted pre-WW2 era Polish badge. It came complete with a very interesting storage case that appears to be a custom piece.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.   Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Tony,

Please see attached images. Please let me know your thoughts and perhaps if these medals are in fact pre 1939. Many Thanks. Pawel.
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version. 

Hi Hobbymoje - this set of items is discussed here:

Genuine Virtuti Militari and 2 others???

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Hello,

I'm a new on this forum.
    If you like nice badges please look at my favourite regiment ...I like it :-)

Best regards,
    Marcin

Last edited by Husar; 07-20-2011 at 11:15 AM.

3mk
    ?

Wonderful example

Hello Marcin,

The 1st Armoured Battalion badge, a rare one for sure. The spinner is a mismatch. As you can see, the maker mark is "JM", for Józef Michrowski who was the only known official producer of this badge. The correct spinner would likely be the one posted below. Beautiful badge, thanks for sharing.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.  

?

Hello Tony,

Yes, you are 100% right. The spinner has been changed in the past.
    The spinner you show us is exactly dedicated for this badge.
    But I left badges with spinners I picked it up.

The 1st Armoured Battalion badge is my favourite one... and the second is 3rd RAILROAD SAPPERS REGIMENT. It's lovely bagde in the old "jewellery" style.

Best regards,
    Marcin

3mk
    ?

What are you thoughts on the Polonia Restituta? In my opinion a bad attempt a replicating a cross Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.Auction Items good or bad? Pre-War 2nd RP version.

Emil, it’s a 5th Class Spink & Son pattern cross, so technically posted in the wrong section of the forum. I haven’t seen these being replicated yet, and am hard pressed to think someone would go to all of the effort of replicating the 5th class. The Spink pattern characteristics are faithfully executed and I cautiously suspect it’s a genuine post 1960’s era product as evidenced by the one sided ribbon ring and larger suspension ‘eye’. Strange to see the enamel failure in the center disc, yet other areas relatively unscathed. I’m not sure what to make of this, other than to say that it is definitely not an example worthy of pursuing.

Regards,
    T.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast