Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

badge id please

Article about: id please guys

Default badge id please

badge id pleasebadge id please

id please guys

Kevin, it's the pre-WW2 badge of the 4th Air Force Regiment which was based in the city of Toruń. A scarcely seen badge, unless you include copies . . . This one looks promising, although clearer pictures are necessary to better judge authenticity. Gontarczyk was the recognized maker.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

thanks tony im gpoing to bid on it but no idea of a value....kev

Best wishes Kevin. I don't have any auction results in my records, largely due to this badge's rare appearances on the market. A web scan does pick up a listing on a Polish auction in 2006 with an opening price of 3000PLN (~1000USD). It did not sell. But that gives you an idea of what one seller pegged as a value back then. If this current listing is a silver hallmarked original then I could see that as being a reasonable place to start as to market value.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

It would also make a good bottle cap opener.

What's wrong with it Steve ??

I believe Steve's commenting on the unusual design, which is actually a stylized eagle combined with an airplane motif. It's not too clear in your picture, but the eagle has an eye. See pic posted below. I'm away from my reference sources and this is the best web image I can find.

And yes, it could probably serve as a bottle opener, albeit a very expensive one.

Cheers,
    Tony

badge id please

Default bottle opener

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    I believe Steve's commenting on the unusual design, which is actually a stylized eagle combined with an airplane motif. It's not too clear in your picture, but the eagle has an eye. See pic posted below. I'm away from my reference sources and this is the best web image I can find.

And yes, it could probably serve as a bottle opener, albeit a very expensive one.

Cheers,
    Tony

badge id please
    thanks again tony im still going to try and buy it.....kev

Kevin, be sure to let us know how you fare. Cheers, T.

Default polish badge

managed to buy itbadge id pleasebadge id pleasebadge id please

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast