Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

badge id please

Article about: id please guys

Thanks for the update Kevin. Can you provide better pictures that are in sharp focus, preferably taken out under natural light. A good crisp close up of the hallmarks would also be very helpful.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default more pics

ive tried but im not great at photographybadge id pleasebadge id pleasebadge id please

Thanks Kevin. Unfortunately your pictures are not quite good enough to arrive at any conclusions. I’d need to see sharp high resolution pics of the badge taken under proper lighting and from all angles including close ups of the maker and proof marks - such as this example. Counterfeiters are now reproducing these marks, but they are not able to make them as sharp as originals. Not easy to photograph as it requires a steady hand and proper lighting.

badge id please
    As is often the case, the final litmus test will be a hands-on inspection with the marks viewed through a jewelers loupe. The badge does appear promising though. In the interim maybe we can get Jacek or Simon to chime in with their thoughts.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hello All,
    The badge looks good to me. Maker's mark is properly shaped and deep. It is hard to take a closer look at the silver hallmark, but Ia m convinced it is a real deal.
    Regards,
    Simon

Hello Everyone,

This badge is now for sale on ebay.co.uk for £2,000.00p

very rare 4th polish airforce regiment badge | eBay

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hi. Guys just put as a feeler,don't expect it to sell ,I thought it might attract more opinions,I'm sure it's right though,worth 40 pence insertion fee for comments.....kev

- - ------- - -

Hi. Guys just put as a feeler,don't expect it to sell ,I thought it might attract more opinions,I'm sure it's right though,worth 40 pence insertion fee for comments.....kev

No comment.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    ..... As is often the case, the final litmus test will be a hands-on inspection with the marks viewed through a jewelers loupe. The badge does appear promising though. In the interim maybe we can get Jacek or Simon to chime in with their thoughts.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Hello Everyone,

Sorry for delay with my reply but I am currently during winter holidays with my family.

Regarding the badge of the 4th Air Force Regiment I fully agree with Tony that this badge looks promising but we need additional and better quality pictures of it to better judge authenticity. I have some little doubts with respect to the hallmarks (especially silver mark) which are not very clear and some kind of spots on the front and back of this badge. It would be also worth seeing the profile of this badge, which is very characteristic and similar to triangular shape. Unfortunately, I am not able to attach the pictures of this badge because as I said above I am on vacation.

Regards,
    Jacek

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2