Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brzuchowice koszary winter skiing school....?

Article about: Good day Did the Polish army have a winter skiing school at Brzuchowice near Lwow? Also are there any books, insignia or images of soldiers (II RP) winter training/skiing? I've tried a Googl

Default Brzuchowice koszary winter skiing school....?

Good day

Did the Polish army have a winter skiing school at Brzuchowice near Lwow? Also are there any books, insignia or images of soldiers (II RP) winter training/skiing? I've tried a Google search without much luck & I've tried odkrywca.pl but can't navigate the site very well.

Chris............

Default Re: Brzuchowice koszary winter skiing school....?

Hi Chris,

Not much I can provide re. a Brzuchowice skiing school. But I can offer some photos of pre-war soldiers on skis. These are taken from a great book issued by the Museum of History in Sanok, Poland, the city that served as the base for the pre-WW2 2nd Podhale Rifles Regiment (2 Pułk Strzelców Podhalańskich).

Also pictured is the badge of the Polish Skiing Union (Polski Związek Narciarski), which was often displayed on the uniform as pictured or commonly mounted on the Sam Browne belt shoulder strap.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brzuchowice koszary winter skiing school....?   Brzuchowice koszary winter skiing school....?  

Brzuchowice koszary winter skiing school....?   Brzuchowice koszary winter skiing school....?  

Attached Images Attached Images Brzuchowice koszary winter skiing school....? 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks for those great pictures Tony. Here is the image from my family album that got me asking. My uncle wrote on the back that this was taken during ski lessons at Brzuchowice near Lwow Dec 26, 1934. Judging by all the smiling faces and casualness this was more a unit social than training (or a little of both). I'm curious about the mural on the far wall dated 1*08 - 19** what does it represent? Was also wondering if anyone would care to comment on the uniforms and the barrack's layout. At this period my uncle was in the telegraph company of 11 Karpackiej Dywizji Piechoty, all these fellows are likely from this company.

Chris........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brzuchowice koszary winter skiing school....?  

Hi Chris,

The date could mark the origin of this particular ski lodge. Uniforms are wz.27 pattern.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

And the Polish Skiing Union (Polski Związek Narciarski) badge legitimation. This document belonged to to my grandfather

Unfortunately the badge was lost with his uniform in 1940 when he was escaping from Hungary Internment Camp to Yugoslavia.

?

From IPMS:

Polish Signal unit on skies training.

1935, Krynica, Polska
    Pluton narciarski 5 Batalionu Telegraficznego.

1936-1939, Worochta, woj. Stanisławów, Polska
    Kurs narciarski ostatniego rocznika Szkoły Podchorążych Łączności.

1936-1939, Worochta, woj. Stanisławów, Polska
    Kurs narciarski ostatniego rocznika Szkoły Podchorążych Łączności.

*:study:

?

And some more pictures of polish ski units:

Great images Sebol

Gives a nice sense of my uncle's experience learning to ski during this period.

Chris......

?

Hej, no problem always happy to help.

Look what I found at last auction. Now the set is complete.

So it was the 2 class of this badge, Tony one is in silver

Sebol, congratulations on completing the set. Is your badge numbered?

Regards,
    Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast