Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Civilian lapel pin. Is it of a military style or type?

Article about: Attached is a picture of another great uncle who was a 2nd Lieutenant of the reserve in 52 Pulku Piechoty from 1931 to 1939 (I have none of him in uniform, I'm working on it). Is the pin for

Default Civilian lapel pin. Is it of a military style or type?

Attached is a picture of another great uncle who was a 2nd Lieutenant of the reserve in 52 Pulku Piechoty from 1931 to 1939 (I have none of him in uniform, I'm working on it). Is the pin for a military type association such as a 'rifle association' etc? Or is it some type of outdoorsmen club pin? The picture's physical surface is grainy making it difficult for a hi res scan. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Chris.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Civilian lapel pin. Is it of a military style or type?   Civilian lapel pin. Is it of a military style or type?  

Default Re: Civilian lapel pin. Is it of a military style or type?

Here is a slightly better image.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3mk
    ?

Too me it looks like some sort of a rifles association badge, It has the Legions eagle on it. Ive seen similar badges but Ive forgot the name, Ill try digging up some pictures for you

Thanks & good eye! I didn't recognize the three vertical patterns as an eagle. Saw an example of a rifle association lapel pin on the web but it was a full eagle & not on a shield.

Hi Chris,

3mk has it just about right. This is the badge of the Rifleman's Association (Związek Strzelecki). As you probably know, members of this early paramilitary association went onto becoming leaders of the Polish Legions and then the army of the Second Republic.

Regards,
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images Civilian lapel pin. Is it of a military style or type? 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks for the insight and great image Tony. It's too bad my image is so pixiled but it's almost identical when they're placed side by side. Would this be a standard pattern with an eagle on a shield. Did the styles vary? The eagle on my image seems smaller, might be a trick of light though. I'd have to go through my uncles records again but I think he had some administrative responsibilities in the local rifle association in Zborów.

Chris...........

Hi again Chris, you’re most welcome. Yes, this is the standard pattern for the ZS badge. The badge was made in both a large and small version (large version posted below). The difference between the badge in your photo and the one I posted can be attributed to both badges being from different manufacturers.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Civilian lapel pin. Is it of a military style or type?  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Thanks again Tony. All this discussion & info derived from a blurry image, amazing! 3mk might you have an image of the smaller version?
    Chris.........

Quote by ChrisW01 View Post
    . . . might you have an image of the smaller version?
    Hi Chris, some quick pics taken of a miniauture version.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Civilian lapel pin. Is it of a military style or type?   Civilian lapel pin. Is it of a military style or type?  

Civilian lapel pin. Is it of a military style or type?  

customlapel
    ?

In 1930 the lapel pins attached for a military uniform and its association such as a 'rifle association'.