Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Cross of Bravery by A.Rozycki

Article about: Good day everyone! Can you tell me wherther it is original cross made by Albin Rozycki or copy? Thank you very much!

Default Cross of Bravery by A.Rozycki

Good day everyone! Can you tell me wherther it is original cross made by Albin Rozycki or copy? Thank you very much!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Bravery by A.Rozycki   Cross of Bravery by A.Rozycki  

Hi Viachaslau, the photos are a bit dark, and is is one that I would need to examine in hand to be certain, but overall I'd say it appears to be genuine. Are you able to post better close up pictures taken under brighter natural light, and in particular of the serial number?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

This is the seller's fotos. If I'll buy this cross I'll send more. Thanks a lot!

Sounds good. Although a reputable seller should have no issues with providing a prospective customer with good quality photographs taken under proper lighting conditions. In any event, make sure to get a money back guarantee of authenticity.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hey Viachaslau. Did you buy the cross? I have just joined WRF tonight so couldn't really reply earlier.
    The cross looks ok overall. The numbering seems correct in their detail and form. The general condition of the cross is very poor though and the price should have reflected that. I'd say the price should be maximum 100 usd in this condition, but as historian I would probably pay more myself. Every numbered medal is an important piece of history and must be preserved.
    Not sure if I can link photos yet, but will try. Otherwise you'll have to wait a few days for a photo of a Rózycki from my collection.

On my way out the door but managed to enhance the first pic in Photoshop. Let me know if this helps, and if so, I'll do the other side after shopping.

Edit: Here's the other side. I used levels, exposure, contrast, and a little sharpen filter. This to bring out some detail till better pictures arrive.

Last edited by Eric2575; 02-14-2019 at 06:43 AM.

Well, cheers for new pics! As a common rule I'd say that the more damage the more genuine, because the price will be low. So basically no need for "fakers" to make the cross, because they make no money. So I'd say you have a genuine cross, but keep it in the collection just until you find a more well-preserved cross. It's pretty damaged, and even if photo-shop helps determine details it also makes it quite difficult to determine if genuine or not. When you use photo-shop you also alter the photo....so details may appear differently from the actual cross.
    The patina is quite heavy (which may indicate a grave / earth dig). Artificially applied patina (chemical) will most often resemble natural patina - so it won't be all over the cross, just on lower parts.
    The cylindrical part for the ribbon-ring looks ok in design (the scratches look "silverish"? Is that due to photoshop? I have honestly never scratched in my cross, but I would assume it should be bronze). The design of the numbers looks ok. The overall design looks ok.
    So from the photos I think you have a genuine cross :-)

Quote by Aahauge View Post
    Not sure if I can link photos yet, but will try. Otherwise you'll have to wait a few days for a photo of a Rózycki from my collection.

As you are new, I would like to inform you that we do not allow outside photo hosting sites here.
    This thread will give you instructions on how to upload photos directly to the forum.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The ribbon is a 1930s substitute, which is quite commonly found on these old crosses. A 2nd rep subsequent award bar for 2nd award.
    Cross of Bravery by A.RozyckiCross of Bravery by A.Rozycki
    A few details from my cross obverse and reverse. This cross will be a Type 1, var. 2a in my future book (number from 1501-3000), Albin Rózycki, Warszawa. It is identical to your cross. Size: 43.8 x 46.3mm.
    On all Rózycki crosses the original ribbon seems to be made of 3 pieces: a red ribbon with 2 white stripes sewn on manually. The original ribbon is easily faked but may be detected with ultra-violet light (if it glows, it's fake...roughly).