Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

The Cross and Medal of Independence

Article about: Here is a complete ‘award package’ issued to a recipient of the Medal of Independence. It consists of the following components: 1) the decoration – full size and miniature 2) the presentatio

Default Zygadlewicz

Zygadlewicz's Cross of Independence the "wypuchly" version. This is part of a project I am currently working on hope you like it

Default My Medal of Independence Collection awarded to Podporuznik Lekarz Piechoty Tadeusz Tryniecki, Doctor of the Infantry

I am extremely proud of this Medal of Independence Collection, which I won for 1 313,00 zł, which hopefully should be 100% original Prewar.

It is awarded to Podporuznik (who first joined the Polish Legions as a Legionista (Private) Lekarz Piechoty Tadeusz Tryniecki, (Doctor of the Infantry) (1900-1976), later becoming a Rerserve officer in 1932, who served with the Polish Legions in WW1, through the War of Independence, September Campaign, POW Camp, the PSZ, later joining the LWP in the Postwar years.

It is in very good condition for its age, maybe kept by him and then his family, unfortunately I could only afford this part of his collection, at the time, but i have found a Weblink with most of his photographs, his family and his Reserve Officer badge and Certificates and other related paperwork.

k_sz_ - Tryniecki

I have attached the photographs, which also include an example of another Medal of Independence diploma, a Cross of Independence diploma (which I also bought, but do not have Cross of Independence yet).

I also won a original Medal of Independence with Swords for 2 501,00 zł (The photographs are in Tony's post, on the Forum link below, directly under the Janek's Cross and miniture collection, awarded to Antoni Skowron, also in very good condition), my deepest apologies to Robertus.

Krzyż Niepodległości

Thank you very much for your expert opinions, in advance.

Justin

justin1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Cross and Medal of Independence   The Cross and Medal of Independence  

The Cross and Medal of Independence   The Cross and Medal of Independence  

Last edited by justin1939; 01-07-2016 at 04:26 PM.

Great looking set Justin. Everything appears genuine. No problems at all. Shame that this veterans items have been split up, but at least this medal grouping is intact. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Eddie Kula
    ?

Post Medal of independance

Hello Tony.

Unfortuantely I couldnt figure how to start a new post so did it this way as it was the only way I could figure out how to post anything here.

I was wandering if you could provide any information on my grand fathers medal of Idependance, scan attached. Unfortunately I found this in my fathers possesions after he died. Im hoping as this card is numbered you may know how I can find any further information about my grand fathers service record. We think he may have been a sargent in a tank/cavalry regiment that fought in the balkan wars ? (against Russia?)in between the 2 world wars.The Cross and Medal of Independence His medal number is 27744. Apparently there is a recipient for the virtuti militaria with the same name as my grandad and we were wandering how we could check to see if the recipient was our grand faher.

Also my father was 1st Lt Jerzey Kula in the 1st Polish Independant Parachute Brigade and served in the 1st Battalion 2nd Company number 2 platoon under Major M.Tonn. Dad didnt speak much of the war as alot of his generation didnt. But any information you can find out would be much appreciated. For example did he parachute in Holland?

Once again many thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Best regards

Eddie Kula

Hello Eddie, and welcome to the forum.

I've cropped down the scan you posted and attached below.

Unfortunately I have never encountered the award list for the Medal nor the Cross of Independence. The list for the Cross of Independence with Swords does exist and is posted earlier in this thread. You may be able to find more information about your grandfather's military service in pre-WW2 Poland via the CAW in Warsaw:

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...12064104,d.cGc

As you say, there is a Kazimierz Kaczmarski awarded the V-class VM (#2566 - awarded January 26, 1922) serving in the 1st Krechowiecki Lancers Regiment. Fellow moderator Andrzejku is blessed with ownership of some pre-war army records and may be able to offer more information to help determine if your grandfather was indeed the same individual, although a VM winner would most likely have been awarded a Cross of Independence, rather than the 3rd Class Medal.

Re your father, I checked my recipient list for the Polish Parachute Badge but could find no entry for Jerzy Kula. There is a Jan, Jozef, and Kazimierz Kula. Sorry I can't offer much more.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Cross and Medal of Independence  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Eddie Kula
    ?

Hi Tony.

Many thanks for your reply on the above. I have checked with my nephew who is doing a family tree and he advises my father fought under the name Jerzy Kaczmarski which is the name on a vatican passport of his we found. As we have a hypenated name kula -kaczmarski we are not sure when or why my dad changed his name to a hyphenated one but all we know for sure is that he used both names separately and combined. (probably because of the spelling in the west.) So could you kindly check to see if that name relates to the Polish parachute brigade. As far as we know he was definately a Lt in the brigade. Once again any assistance is much appreciated.

Also my nephew confirmed that my grandfather was awarded the medal of independance in the Polish war of independence against Russia in 1919-1921. So the dates for the VM do line up at least and if it is him who won the VM this could have beem awarded after the medal of independance for something else. Hence only the medal and not the cross. Do you think that is a possibility?

CQE
    ?

Default Medal Niepodleglosci

National Independence Day (Polish: Narodowe Święto Niepodległości) is a national day in Poland celebrated on 11 November to commemorate the anniversary of the restoration of Poland's sovereignty as the Second Polish Republic in 1918, after 123 years of partition by the Russian Empire, the Kingdom of Prussia and the Habsburg Empire.

Medal Niepodleglosci by Mennica Panstwowa. Who was Antoni Roczmierowski ?
    Regards, Jurek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Cross and Medal of Independence   The Cross and Medal of Independence  

Hi all,

Could you help me to identify this french made Medal of Independence. I cannot definitely say whether the maker is A. Bertrand or Delande. The hallmark looks to me more like Delande.

The Cross and Medal of IndependenceThe Cross and Medal of IndependenceThe Cross and Medal of IndependenceThe Cross and Medal of IndependenceThe Cross and Medal of Independence

Hello Eddie,

I have gone through the Rocznik Oficerski (Officers Yearbooks) for the following years: 1923,1924,1928,1932, Reserve Officers Yearbook for 1934, unfortunately with no joy in finding Kazimierz Kaczmarski listed. I then looked through the daily orders for the 26th January 1922 where a Wachmistrz (Cavalry Sergeant) Kazimierz Kaczmarski was listed as being awarded the Virtuti Militari Numbered 2566, but with no further details other than his Regiment 1PUL (1st Lancers Regiment).

I have also looked through Kapitan Jan Lorys list of recipients of the Parachute Badge without finding your Father Jerzy listed.

I think that your best course of action would be to write to the Polish Army Records Centre at Rembertow to see if they have any further information.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

I just thought that I would share with you some items from my collection belonging to Władysław Sobotkowski,

Indpendence Medal Legitymacja

Major pilot Kazimierz Kubala and his Defence Advocate Wladyslaw Sobotkowski Warsaw Military Court February 1931

Major Wladyslaw Sobotkowski Legit October 1939

Pages from Major Władysław Sobotkowski Romanian ID Card

Legit confirming his British Awards

Congratulatory letter from the Italian Chief of Staff on his being awarded the Italian Order of the Crown

2nd Corps Legit confirming approval to accept the Italian Order of the Crown

Major Władysław Sobotkowski Army Discharge Certificate

I hope that you like what you see and find it interesting

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast