Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types

Article about: by IvanPutski Here's another little tidbit on that cross.... It was awarded to a fighter pilot. Hello Ivan, OK, the suspense builds . . . so now how about giving us the name? The award lists

a77
    ?

Hello.
    Here's mine. Number 36061.

Best regards,
    Andrzej
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Hello Andrzej,

Super looking Knedler 1, on pre-WW2 ribbon. Thanks for sharing

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hello
    I have number of the Cross of Valour from 1920, is it possible to determine the person to whom it was given? This number is 18514.

Hello Rafco,

Unfortunately the record of Cross of Valour awards from this period doesn't exist. Although I have heard rumours that such a list does exist somewhere, but for now that’s just one of the many rumours. Just like the Nazi gold train supposedly hiding in Poland. Lots of talk, and talk is cheap!

Cheers,
    Tony

PS any pics of cross 18514 you can share?
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

when you are asking about "that period of time'' which one exactly do you mean?
    Photos of medal i do not have at the moment, I gave it to my colleague (CSI expert ) to try and read the number because it was faded. He gave me that number. I can load the photos when he return the medal to me.

Apologies for being unclear. Serial numbered Crosses of Valour were only awarded during Polish 2nd Republic period after the introduction of the decoration in 1920. The issues by the Polish Government in Exile and then the post war Soviet era were not individually serial numbered.

Regards,
    Tony

a77
    ?

My new one.
    Bertrand.

All the best,
    andrzej
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

?

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 TypesCross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 TypesCross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types

It was my first buy in this hobby, in 1976. To this day, in my collection, it was fixed but with very bad quality. The KW’s suspension has been repaired – suspender .
    Two years ago, I fixed it. I think it looks better now than it did before ?

It's only a few numbers less than Rafco's . My is 18508 , his is 18514
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  
    Last edited by Robek; 10-07-2015 at 05:05 AM.

Default Krzyz Walecznych 1920

Hello folks,

I am new on this forum, before I used WAF and GCA but only here I found good topics for me. My name is Rafal, I living in Poland.

I would like to present my KW 1920. In my opinion this type of cross (no.14 in G. Krogulec's book) is from Witold Gontarczyk's workshop. Gontarczyk produced this 40 mm cross before war 1938-1939 that's why this type is very rare,

Regards
    Rafal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

One more cross from my collection. In my opinion this is the first KW produced before Albin Rozycki's cross no.1 (Krogulec). Eugeniusz Unger from Lwow made that crosses in 1920.

Regards
    Rafal

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast