Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types

Article about: by IvanPutski Here's another little tidbit on that cross.... It was awarded to a fighter pilot. Hello Ivan, OK, the suspense builds . . . so now how about giving us the name? The award lists

?

Default Re: Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types

Hello Tony,

Thanks for the reply. If the sun every decides to return to Warsaw, I'll be sure to snap those photos.

Cheers,

Brandon

Hi Brandon, OK, we’ll be waiting. As an FYI, a picture taken on a cloudy day when the sun is highest in the sky often provides for ideal picture taking conditions as the diffuse light minimizes shadows.

Regards,
    Tony – from similarly perpetually overcast Vancouver
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hello Tony,

Again, my picture taking abilities don't do it justice. Pics attached for review, and I'm awaiting your verdict!

Cheers,

B
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the pics. But sorry, they are far too dark to allow a good examination of the details. If you took these pictures outside try putting the cross on a slightly darker backing, such as some natural coloured cardboard. The white background is causing your camera to “underexpose” the cross.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hi Tony, Hi Brandon,

I hope that you do not mind but I downloaded your photographs and Lightened them has best as I could

I hope it helps.

Andrew

Thanks Andrzej – but I don’t see the pictures!

Digitally manipulating the image will be of some help (and I considered doing this myself), but they can’t beat good crisply focused and properly exposed close ups taken under natural light. And when it comes to attempting authentication of anything based on pictures alone then the best possible pictures are crucial.

Regards and thanks again,
    Tony

Here is one of Krzyz Walecznych in my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Nice looking Knedler 1st pattern

Regards,
    Tony

Here is another one I have.

Hi Itakdalej,

This cross is an unusual variant that was supposedly produced in Warsaw in the early 1970’s to serve as a replacement cross for veterans. There’s virtually no extant information on this cross. Krogulec does not cover it in his reference work.

Lately I’ve seen cast copies of it listed on both ebay and Allegro. These bear serial numbers right around 9000. I have had the opportunity to examine one along with an original and did take some pics which I’ll post later.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast