Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types

Article about: by IvanPutski Here's another little tidbit on that cross.... It was awarded to a fighter pilot. Hello Ivan, OK, the suspense builds . . . so now how about giving us the name? The award lists

Default Re: Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types

Quote by IvanPutski View Post
    Here's another low-numbered one. #247
    Can't let this post slip by without at least one comment in this superb Rozycki. Wow – a truly spectacular example of a four time awarded cross on pre-war ribbon! Low number + 3 bars is a sign that this may have been belonged to a senior officer. Thanks for posting this museum grade piece. They just don’t get any nicer.

Regards,
    Tony

3mk
    ?

Just wondering but how much pre-war crosses were awarded during the 2nd RP?

Thanks

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Can't let this post slip by without at least one comment in this superb Rozycki. Wow – a truly spectacular example of a four time awarded cross on pre-war ribbon! Low number + 3 bars is a sign that this may have been belonged to a senior officer. Thanks for posting this museum grade piece. They just don’t get any nicer.

Regards,
    Tony
    Mr. Moderator,
    You are too kind.
    Yes of course, it did indeed belong to a rather high ranking officer.
    Respectfully,
    Ivan

Can I just ask what kind of value is involved in these medals they look real smart

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Just wondering but how much pre-war crosses were awarded during the 2nd RP?

Thanks
    Emil,

As mentioned in my posts - there were about 60,000 official serial numbered Crosses For Valour crosses made, and as far as i know all were awarded.

Regards,
    Tony

Quote by citizen View Post
    Can I just ask what kind of value is involved in these medals they look real smart
    There is a wide range in market values for the pre-war crosses. Of the types covered thus far, the original ‘no date’ Rozycki made crosses are rare and sought after. An average condition example can readily fetch $500. The low serial number example posted by IvanPutski is easily double that, especially if verifiably attributed to an individual, as this one is.

The Knedler made crosses now seldom sell for under $150. In fact, these are becoming increasingly scarcely seen on the market.

Crosses suspended from their pre-war ribbons always demand a premium, along with those complete with numbers matching award documents, which are rare and sought after by collectors.

Regards,
    Tony

Back to the topic of market values – here’s a nice Rozycki no-date issue that just sold yesterday for the equivalent of $1264 USD. Prices certainly aren’t dropping!

And to touch on the topic of ribbons: this is a first issue ribbon which was sewn from individual parts. No doubt this contributed to the premium paid for this cross.

Krzy? Walecznych- bez daty - !!! (837496945) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types  

Hey Tony !

That KW certainly has the "been there" look !!

Vic

And Vic, that's the way I like 'em. That is to say not beat up, but showing some nice patina and a little wear as evidence of the decades they have survived.

Cheers,
    T.

3mk
    ?

Jan Knedler Cross`s of Valor for $150?
    I guess I can still afford one!

As you said the prices arnt dropping, and I dont think they ever will

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast