Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Escaping Poland 1939: fake Polish passport ?

Article about: Very interesting, i see such a thing for a first time. I've heard dozen of times about those fake paper of Sikorski tourists. This one looks really interesting, there is a strong chance it c

Default Re: Escaping Poland 1939: fake Polish passport ?

Very interesting, i see such a thing for a first time. I've heard dozen of times about those fake paper of Sikorski tourists. This one looks really interesting, there is a strong chance it could be real. Stamps seems to have no sense ... for example soldier from Lodz has a passport issued in Wilno. Weird. But it could be real from the 1939/40 - produced in polish consulate to help this soldier in his voyage to France.

Hope so.
    On line information states that during the early stages of war there where several sources for producing fake passports, I would presume that some where of good quality and some of bad quality. Once used, and either arriving safely or being caught, not mnay would survive and get destroyed...
    Looking at the joining middle pages of pages 8-9, once can see clearly the 'remaining' markings of the copied attempt, indicating the paes where photographed first then printed out, possibly crude or bulk form using lithographic or press stype printing method or Gestetner printing?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escaping Poland 1939: fake Polish passport ?  

Well, I have been trying to find a similar item archived, but with no luck. All requests made out to various museums have had no possitive result, no other fake passport was found, so I can not compre it to another sample...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2