Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Is this Flag a COA/ Regimental Flag?

Article about: Hello, My great great grandfather lived in Warsaw during the time of the Russian Empire, the restoration of Poland in 1919, and possibly the second World War. I know his last name was "

?

Default Is this Flag a COA/ Regimental Flag?

Hello,

My great great grandfather lived in Warsaw during the time of the Russian Empire, the restoration of Poland in 1919, and possibly the second World War. I know his last name was "Pol". The flag may also be a COA, but I know nothing of it. (Photos are of his Funeral) The pictures are blurry on the post - if you click the pictures resolution is exponentially better. Thank you

Definitely not a regimental flag, but probably a banner of some 1905 revolution's veterans' association (as a word "rewolucyjnych" - "revolutionary" and numbers 05 are poorly visible). Photo taken after the WWII - both men in the foreground wear US Army M41 jackets. Interesting, but not unusual - many of them reached civilian hands in form of surplus after the war. To Poland however, they were taken by DP's returning home or former members of Polish military units in France or Germany. Possible that they could came with the UNRRA aid as well.

?

Thank you so much for the information!