Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Found Stash of Polish Militaria Badges and need Help to Identify Please.

Article about: I'm very happy to have found this forum. I just received a collection of what I believe to be Polish Militaria War Badges with dates ranging from 1914 to 1920. Before I post the pics...a bit

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Found Stash of Polish Militaria Badges and need Help to Identify Please.

Amazing things like this are still being found

Assuming they all belonged to one person, they fought during World War 1 for the Polish Legions in Austro-Hungary and during the Polish-Soviet war in the Galicia area (which makes sense as the Polish Legions were created August 1914 in Galicia )

Default Re: Found Stash of Polish Militaria Badges and need Help to Identify Please.

Thank you for the info 3mk. I can not say for sure if they were all from the same person. Considering the circumstances of how the badges were found (All together inside the wall of a old farm house)...I think that they were from a single individual. I'm heading the the library on Monday to check the records starting back around 1920 and see if I can figure out the family that lived in the home. See if I can find a Polish family that took occupancy of it. I'm thinking that the original owner of the badges immigrated to the area in the early 1940's. There was a large population of Polish immigrants that came to the area in the early 1940's. I wonder if they might of hid the badges for fear of persecution as WW2 was well underway. After the German invasion of Poland...having the badges could of made them uneasy and hid them for their safety and the safety of their family.

I just want to update this thread to let everyone know how the adventure with the badges is going. I have all of them identified and the selling process is going along smoothly. I have been in contact with quite a few people who have shown interest in the badges and made purchases from me. I very much appreciate all the help that members here have given me with this subject matter.

Here are the Badges that are Currently Sold (as of May 27, 2013):

Poland, 2nd Legion Infantry Regiment - I Type *SOLD*

1920 Polish Scout Badge (Polish Boy Scouts). *SOLD*

Polish, Association of Kaniowski & Zeligowski Formations *SOLD*

Polish, 5th Infantry Regiment - 10th KOMP *SOLD*

Polish, Polish Military Association in the Odessa District 1918 - I. Type *SOLD*

Central Recording Office of the Polish Legions *SOLD*

Awaiting confirmation of sale:

Polish, Citizens City Guards (For Merits) 1919 - I. Type

Still available for purchase:

POLAND, MEDAL, WITKOWICE 1918 - PRISONER OF WAR

Polish, LWOW defense Cross - III. Type

Polish, Orleta (Young Eagle) Honour Badge 1919

POLISH POLAND 1918 WOLF LWOW CAVALRY REGIMENT MEDAL BADGE

POLAND, MEDAL, 3RD LEGION INFANTRY REGIMENT - I.TYPE "STAR OF HONOUR"

Polish, 1st Brigade Jozef Pilsudski Legions 1917 (1916) "For Faithful Service"

If anyone is interested in any of the remaining badges...send me a PM. If not...they will be going on the block on ebay in the near future.

Thank you again to the forum members here for all the help and for the purchases made.

I will update as the badges sell.

Move the: Polish, 1st Brigade Jozef Pilsudski Legions 1917 (1916) "For Faithful Service" to the *SOLD* section.

Hello Cladhunter, better late than never with this note: please note that this area of the forum is strictly for discussion of militaria. The classified section is the proper place to list items for sale.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello AJ. Zawadzki. My apologies and thank you for bringing that to my attention.

No worries. This somehow stayed under my radar, hence the delay in jumping in sooner. We need to keep a lid on forum usage lest word gets out that it is a site that could be used for free ad space. You can imagine that the floodgates would open with every militaria dealer and their dog clamoring to list their wares.

Best wishes with your sales.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2