Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

General Zygmunt Piasecki POW ID Card

Article about: Recently I got a POW ID Card from Oflag VII A Murnau. It is for General Zygmunt Piasecki, only Cavalryman in II RP to win 3 classes of Virtuti Militari. That itself speaks volumes about him.

Smile General Zygmunt Piasecki POW ID Card

Recently I got a POW ID Card from Oflag VII A Murnau. It is for General Zygmunt Piasecki, only Cavalryman in II RP to win 3 classes of Virtuti Militari. That itself speaks volumes about him...

In 1939 he commanded Krakowska Brygada Kawalerii. He was born in Krakow, and that makes him my homeboy.

Here is a picture with Marshall Pilsudski during better times, General Piasecki is second from left.

General Piasecki in 1939 in Murnau.

Superb acquisition for your collection. Thanks for sharing it with us and for providing the additional photographs.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Very nice! I believe the second photo you included is from a collection that could be bought at the canteen in Oflag VII A.

Couple more of pictures to add, I just received these. These are from Rtm Medwicz collection.

- - ------- - -

One more.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture General Zygmunt Piasecki POW ID Card   General Zygmunt Piasecki POW ID Card  

Hello Everyone,

A photograph taken in Italy at presentation of 7PUL Badge to General Anders by General Piasecki

Generals Anders, Duch, & Piasecki Italy 1946

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello,Everyone:
    fotos from Rtm Medwicz collection:,,KARTOTEKA KAWALERII WP W FOTOGRAFII"
    1.Summer exercise 1938r-swimming regiment in the area of Brzeznica.After the pontoon are sitting Colonel Kazimierz Mastalerz and gen.bryg.Zygmunt Piasecki (Dca Krakow's BK), with the right rotm.Mieczysław Puzdrakiewicz-dca 4 squadron 8 PU.
    2.Year 1934. On the left: Commander of the 5th Cavalry Brigade, Colonel Zygmunt Piasecki / 7th Lancers and Commander of the 8th Cavalry Regiment Col. Kazimierz Mastalerz.
    Link to small part of rtm.Medwicz collection.
    Kartoteka Kawalerii WP w fotografii. - Artur
    Best wishes,
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture General Zygmunt Piasecki POW ID Card   General Zygmunt Piasecki POW ID Card