Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Haller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerka

Article about: This is part of a complete uniform grouping that I have to a doctor from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that was a commissioned captain in Hallers Legions. The tunic is on display in the Cleveland

Paul, again, easily one of the top Blue Army groupings I have had the pleasure of seeing. Congratulations in your acquisition of these additional important items. More often than not we see veteran’s grouping being separated, so it is wonderful to see the opposite happen here. Thanks again for sharing this with us

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Default Polish Typhus Relief Tunic 1919

This does not quite fit anywhere directly so I thought I would add it to this medical themed thread.

I aquired this tunic fourteen years ago from AGM Militaria. I have been meaning to do some research on it but time does get away from us all.

It was described as an American Typhus Relief Expedition uniform. In earlier posts I mentioned how the US Army participated in a strictly humanitarian relief mission to Poland during the Polish-Bolshevik War.

It is fine example of old world tailoring craftsmanship, finest wool, completely lined, French made US Army rimmed eagle buttons......all from a Warsaw tailor who was kind enough to date it for collectors generations later who would gaze on it and wonder..who wore this and where.....was the good Marshall there too?

I included a scan of what remained in the tunics pockets. postage stamps, business card with a date and time, Polish and Russian items. Hopefully, some members can translate them for us.

Haller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerka
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Haller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerka  

?

Default Typhus Relief Expedition Tunic

The contents of the pockets.

Haller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerka

Very interesting.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Great items - thx for posting.

Paul, a wonderful uniform representing an interesting chapter of history. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

3mk
    ?

The quality on that tunic looks amazing!

?

Default Dr. Telerski Haller's Legion

Here is a close view of one of the medals that came with the Doctors tunic.

It is the Odzanika Pamitkowa " Presz Ocean do Legionow" 1920

"To the Legion Across the Ocean"

Knedler made

Thanks for all your positive comments.

Piwo

Haller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerkaHaller tunic and czapka, helmet and fuzerka

?

95 years old and it looks like it just came from the tailor.

I am hopeful some members can translate the tickets and such that came with it.

cheers,

Piwo

As far as the tickets that came with it :

Top left : Looks like a calling card for Mr Jurasz, also has time and place of meeting with someone written on it.
    Top right : French stamps.
    Below left : there are two Ukrainian ( I think Petlura govnmt) government bonds, opposite right is a ukrainian postage stamp with Tsar Nichlas II,
    Below left two postage stamps, Ukraine, it says " Ukrainska Narodnaja Respublika " " (Ukrainian People Republic )
    oppsite a small calling card for a girl, "Andzia (first name) and the address in Warsaw.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast