Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

How to identify copies thread

Article about: Hey guys, I thought It might be a good idea to have a thread on how to identify copies of Polish badges.If anyone wants to post make sure to name the producer of the replica badge,Unless its

3mk
    ?

Default How to identify copies thread

Hey guys,
    I thought It might be a good idea to have a thread on how to identify copies of Polish badges.If anyone wants to post make sure to name the producer of the replica badge,Unless its unknown to you.Try to add a photo but if not try to describe the diffrences as accuratly as you can.

Ill start us off

How to tell a repro 1st Krechowiecki Lancers badge made by Andrzej Panasiuk.

On originals the Virtuti Militari is connected to the neck ribbon,While on repros it is not.

Credits go to Tony for the photos which he posted on another forum.

Regards
    Emil
    Attached Images Attached Images How to identify copies thread 
    Last edited by 3mk; 03-06-2010 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Spelling error

3mk
    ?

Default Re: How to identify copies thread

Early post-WW II Panasiuk replica often sold as an original. Note that the font on the reverse is sans-serif (letters like "I" or "J" don't have the little horizontal strokes across the top or bottom). Bottom right shows a close-up of a die flaw present on some of these replicas (4th feather down of the wing on the right side of the centre medallion).
    Virtuti Militari Replica by Panasiuk - The OMSA Medal Database
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How to identify copies thread