Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

how rare is a pre war vis holster?

Article about: Beautiful set

Default how rare is a pre war vis holster?

yes how rare ,i think mega rare but im open for opinions

3mk
    ?

Default Re: how rare is a pre war vis holster?

Very rare,The originals that Ive seen on ebay went to $900 and up depending on condition and if it came with lanyard and cleaning rod.
    If you have one please post pictures of it!
    Thanks

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Very rare,The originals that Ive seen on ebay went to $900 and up depending on condition and if it came with lanyard and cleaning rod.
    If you have one please post pictures of it!
    Thanks
    oh thats cheap from my poit of viev,im long time ebay user and to be honest never seen one in this price thats maybe im not always online,i post few shoths tomarrow,my is near mint and with graet partyzant story

3mk
    ?

Id love to hear it!
    My Grandpa was telling me how his brother (My Great Uncle) found 2 mint Vis`s just after the September Campaign and gave one to him.Both of them joined the Polish resistance in October 1939!His brother served in the September Campaign.I wonder what happend to those 2 pistols,It would be my dream to own both of them.

It goes without saying that they are one of the rarer pre-war pieces of equipment. There’s probably one genuine holster for every 5 surviving pre-war Vis pistols, which are also not around in great quantity. I’m basing that ratio on nothing more than my observations over the past dozen years or so.

There were three holsters up for sale on ebay last year, which was quite an anomaly (two of which I purchased - $900, and $1300). About two years ago there was a nice one on Allegro that sold for about 3500zl. And prior to that was an ebay listing for a heavily modified one that ended up going back to Poland. I recall is fetched about $700. I’m away from my archives at the moment, but will post pics of all of these holsters later.

Regards,
    Tony

To follow up on my earlier post . . .

First up is the modified pre-war Vis holster that was supposedly purchased by a collector in Poland for the equivalent of $700. The belt loop had been repositioned (see side by side comparison to an unaltered holster). Still a fair price for an otherwise nice surivivor.

T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture how rare is a pre war vis holster?   how rare is a pre war vis holster?  

how rare is a pre war vis holster?   how rare is a pre war vis holster?  

Next up we have one that sold on Allegro for 3500zl (roughly $1200 USD). Slight damage to the cleaning rod holder, but otherwise a very nice holster.

T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture how rare is a pre war vis holster?   how rare is a pre war vis holster?  

Here’s one that sold exactly one year ago for $1525. Judging by the marking inside the flap it’s possibly a US vet bringback.

T.

Here’s one of the holsters I purchased last year on ebay (and have since traded away). My cost was roughly $900. Some slight modifications, but an otherwise a solid holster and good restoration candidate.

T.

And last up on stage is the holster I upgraded to, which ends a long hunt for the perfect counterpart to my Vis ‘Eagle’ pistol . This was the last of the three holsters listed on ebay in a very short time span last year. I haven't seen another on the market since. Yes, believe it or not, for a brief spell in 2009 the market was flooded with original pre war Vis holsters! “We must be in heaven man!” . . . and because of this glut and the global recession’s effects the closing price was a relative bargain at $1224 US.

T.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast