Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

information about a cavalry officer

Article about: Is there a possibility to obtain information about a Polish (cavalry) officer who served in General Maczek's army? My mother (deceased) told me about an officer that liberated Breda, Netherl

Default information about a cavalry officer

Is there a possibility to obtain information about a Polish (cavalry) officer who served in General Maczek's army?

My mother (deceased) told me about an officer that liberated Breda, Netherlands and who returned to Poland in the post war years.

Cheers,
    Emile

Hello Emile,

What was the name of the officer in question ?

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Andrzej,

Thanks for your reaction. I believe his name was Sigismund Dzanetski. The spelling may be wrong. A major I think.

Cheers,
    Emile

Hello Emile,

The surname is not spelled correctly, so research will be just about impossible. Even with a correctly spelled name the hunt for information can be a difficult one.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks Tony,

It might have been Zennetski, Zannetski or so. Does a name sounding like this exist in Poland? I know he served as a major in the Polish armoured division and liberated Breda in the Netherlands.

Cheers,
    Emile

Hello Emile,

I have gone through the Rocznik Oficerski 1932 (Officers Yearbook 1932) with no joy, I will check through the Reserve Officers Yearbook for 1934.

I have also gone through the list of those members of the 1st Armoured Division awarded the Virtuti Militari and the KW plus Foreign awards also with no luck. I will keep looking.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Emile,

I have also gone through the Reserve Officers Yearbook for 1934 alas also with no luck.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Dear Andrzej,

Thanks for your troubles. Details about Sigismund D. will remain a mystery I believe.

Thanks anyway!
    Cheers,
    Emile

Emilie,
    Maybe do you have any documents in your family archive related to this officer?
    Or ask other family members?