Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Katyn Thesis

Article about: At the request of forum members, member wayupnorth, John Solski, has generously provided his Katyn thesis for posting. John has added these comments to serve as an introduction. More informa

"Katyń" also became a very powerful theme used by the Solidarity (Solidarnośc) movement, the "Katyń crime" symbolically represented all of the crimes of Soviet totalitarianism in Poland and the search for truth.

Below one of numerous stamps and other printed materials produced by Solidarity to memorialise the Katyń crime.

Katyn Thesis

"Katyń" has proved the insurmountable stumbling-block to Polish-Russian relations even to this day whereas German-Polish reconciliation has overcome many obstacles.

Despite the political dimension behind this European grouping has published some interesting articles:

www.enrs.eu - katyn-in-the-memory-of-europeans
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

One Church in Gdansk.

And there is also a picture of M Popiulesko.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

just read 2 books on it.no doubt at all who done it.

Harry, which two books?
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Here is some story about uncovered Katyn relics. It is an article from Polsh newspaper. Very interesting.
    http://wolnapolska.pl/index.php/Medi...nu-id-308.html
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn Thesis   Katyn Thesis  

A fascinating and also quite macabre article thank you for posting the link!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

the best one is.crime without parallel,by Louis Fitzgibbon.read that you don't need any more books.

Thanks Harry. Fitzgibbon’s series of books on the topic first released about 50 years ago are probably the most widely read as they were arguably more accessible to those interested in the topic. His books were pre-dated the more scholarly work compiled the Polish Cultural Foundation “The Crime of Katyn: Facts and Documents” with forward by General Władysław Anders. Still a personal favourite, and released at a time (1965) when most in the west “accepted” the WW2 line from the Allied powers that the Germans were to blame. This important work conclusively lays out the case for Soviet guilt.

Two other important books that I cannot recommend strongly enough are:

In the Shadow of Katyn: Stalin's Terror by Stanisław Swianiewicz. Swianiewicz was an imprisoned officer that escaped the fate of his fellow officers. Riveting read.

Katyn Thesis

Katyn: Stalin's Massacre and the Seeds of Polish Resurrection by Allen Paul

Katyn Thesis

Regards,
    Tony

?

TV documentary "Katyn na bazarze" about lost Katyn relics was prohibited by TVN station. Here is short explenation what mentioned documentary contained (in Polish):

Film „ Katyń na bazarze” jest o tym, jak państwo polskie traktuje materialne dowody zbrodni NKWD i pamiątki po wymordowanych oficerach.
    Autorzy badają historię pamiątek z dołów katyńskich, które w 2002 roku pojawiły się na bazarze staroci na warszawskim Kole. Były to bezcenne ryngrafy, złote ordery Virtutti Militari, krzyże walecznych, notatki polskich oficerów, menażki z wydrapanymi nazwiskami, i wiele innych przedmiotów zrabowanych z Dołów Śmierci w Katyniu. Wśród nich był jedyny sztandar, znaleziony w miejscach kaźni polskich oficerów: sztandar 8 dywizjonu artylerii ciężkiej, wręczony w Bydgoszczy przez marszałka E. Rydza Śmigłego w 1938 r. Sztandary dla wojska bezcenne - dodajmy - wykonuje się w pojedynczych egzemplarzach.
    Ani Ministerstwo Kultury, ani Muzeum Wojska Polskiego, nie zdecydowały się na wykup mobilów od rosyjskich pośredników. Większość przedmiotów za pośrednictwem ludzi dobrej woli zdecydował się zakupić Andrzej Przewoźnik z Rady Pamięci Walk i Męczeństwa… Przedmioty przychodziły do Polski w kilku partiach. Ostatnie kilka worków A. Przewoźnik odebrał osobiście od pośrednika rosyjskiego w Moskwie. Kilka dni później pośrednik i tzw. archeolog ze Smoleńska zostali zamordowani. O tym, co się stało z kilkuset przedmiotami z dołów katyńskich wiedział tylko A. Przewoźnik. 10 kwietnia zginął w katastrofie w Smoleńsku.
    Autorzy usiłują również prześledzić niezwykłe i tajemnicze losy szczątków polskich oficerów, nielegalnie przywożonych do Polski, w tym 72 czaszek z przestrzelinami. Nikt nie wie dzisiaj, co się z nimi stało, choć wszystkie ślady prowadzą do piwnic i magazynów Komendy Głównej Policji.
    Film demaskuje również instytucję podległą Muzeum Wojska Polskiego i MON. Chodzi o tzw. Muzeum Katyńskie, które zamiast być mauzoleum polskiej pamięci, od kilku lat istnieje jedynie wirtualnie. Polskie relikwie przechowywane są w magazynach w fatalnych warunkach. Muzeum nie udostępnia zbiorów, choć wydawane są setki tysięcy złotych na ustawiane konkursy dotyczące projektów przebudowy, tajemnicze wizualizacje i inne projekty. To opowieść o tym jak na Katyniu można robić kasę – dodajmy za publiczne pieniądze. Kierownik placówki to kompromitacja. Trzeba go posłuchać. Trzeba go zobaczyć.
    Film „Katyń na bazarze” to historia o upadku państwa, w którym pamięć narodowa jest traktowana gorzej niż autostrady, PKP czy służba zdrowia, które i tak od dawna są na dnie.

This link will let you see preview of "Katyn na bazarze": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biSg1AWRlQs

Mr. Jaxmon, thanks for the post. For the benefit of the many non-Polish speaking members here are you able to provide a brief summary translation of this text?

Many thanks,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast