MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Katyn victims

Article about: Copy of a letter sent by his wife to Red Cross in Chicago, USA. She explains that she had not heard of her husband, other than through other people. She says that he was last seen working at

Default Katyn victims

I would like to post some things belonging to Katyn victims.
    I will be posting more as time allows.
    First one is CPT Lucjan Gawronski. Cpt Gawronski was one of the first victims identified at Katyn mass grave site by PCK (Polish Red Cross). He was number 69 on PCK list. In the movie "Katyn" there is a scene with boys selling newspapers in Krakow with the PCK list being published and on the loudspeakers they are also announcing names: they call Cpt Gawronski.
    He was a legionare, wounded in Polish russian war, won a KW and later served in KOP. (Border protection units).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn victims   Katyn victims  

Default Re: Katyn victims

His badges:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn victims   Katyn victims  

Katyn victims   Katyn victims  

Some pictures, the last one with writing belongs to the 3rd picture from top, it says: Deblin, 1919 and all the undersigned wounded from Lithuanian Belorussian Rifles Division give their thanks to Por. Gawronski.

Katyn victims   Katyn victims  

Katyn victims  

HIs KW, number appears to be 5871.

Katyn victims  

KOP badge

Officer's patent. Signed by Gen Kukiel.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn victims  

Are there complete lists of the names of the victims of Katyn and the other mass execution sites? So far I've only been able to find a partial list of the Katyn victims in English. Thanks.

Is there anyway to trace what happened to someone after the Soviet invasion of Poland in 1939? My uncle disappeared after the Soviets invaded. The family farm was in Lubaczow. He was the eldest son.

These books/lists are the most complete up to date. They were put out in a limited edition in Poland starting in 2000.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn victims  

As far as Your uncle: conservative estimates of Polish people dissapearing during early soviet reign in Poland range between 400 to 600 hundred thousand people. Some put it as high as 1.2 million people. Many are still unaccounted for.

My father always harboured a deep hatred for the Soviets. I know that the Soviets pushed the border close to the family farm. They were lucky not to end up in the Ukraine.

Do you know if those list online? I would hope the Polish government would make them available for the Polish Diaspora. Thanks.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast